Every Kind Of Counterpoint

(Good to be back writing another chapter, its a bit of a slow one with a lot of planning and exposition but they'll be some nice interactions with a certain character. I've got to set up the final loop after all? I hope you enjoy)

If you were to ever ask a normal person whether they would rather live than die, the answer would seem obvious.

But to Izuku Midoriya, after every struggle, with the constant hardships he'd faced, honestly death right now seemed like a feasible argument.

It frustrated him to no end. That he wanted to continue going forward, to face those challenged and overcome them like he'd done so many times beforehand.

But it just seemed like the chaos was beginning to pile up. There was still the constant fear that it could only get worse.

Until that opposing force was too much to handle.

Who would even be there to help by the end of it all? Sure, it be self-centered of him to say that no one had been there for him, that he hadn't be helped along the way.

What did it mean if it wasn't with his instructions? He'd lead them all to the path to victory, all he'd got was the information to succeed and he run that mile to victory.

In the end, everyone were pawns doing what they were told on instinct. Whilst Izuku was above it all, trying to plan out how to pull through the hellish loop that had come around this time.

'If I did all alone before, with all the exposition I needed from Beatrice and Petelgeuse. I can do it all again!!'

'This is only the fourth loop, I still have a long way to go!'

Izuku snapped awake, the blinding light had engulfed him fairly quickly this time. Bringing him back to reality with a low gasp.

He had no time to fret about the previous death, that unimaginable pain had become...somewhat numb to him.

It wasn't a lie to say that he didn't want the endless agony to end when he was thrown in the thick of it. 

But in all seriousness, his mind was no longer dwelling on it. Not like before, those deaths would flash in his mind on almost repeat, reminding of the horrors he'd faced and couldn't go through again.

In the end though, he always did.

"I'm using the bathroom..." Izuku spoke lowly to Gran Torino, who picked up on his sombre demeanour, but didn't choose to comment on it.

As expected, he swayed away from the bathroom stall eyeing the carriage car door, 'There's no point in waiting for the loop to get past its checkmarks, I can make as many divergences as I want!!'

Green lightning sparkled against the wind, it flurried up and around his body. It was raw and fresh, Izuku had the slight thought that it might be correlated to his mental state but it wasn't important now.

The night sky was hellish, huddled in the warmth of the burning inferno. It was still a horrendous sight to see, even for the fourth time.

Leaping off of the train for the second time, Izuku fought off the fierce wind squinting a little from how fast he'd made himself.

It all ended in a single second. When the greenette made contact with the nearest rooftop, ignoring the screeching coming from the fiery depths.

'Gotta make it to Beatrice....it doesn't matter if I die after that'

She'd been the only one he'd was able to divulge his worries in a little. Sure, those loops that he'd witnessed would ever be shared with him, no matter how they'd turned out. It was his burden to bare.