Chapter 8 - Together

Author Note: Hey guys I've been posting a lot of stuff on tik tok about Rysa and her adventures but fair warning there are spoilers for this story in there. My account name is Chloiefromcoruscant so look that up. As always like and comment, what you think and I hope you enjoy. 

"Master Cara!" 

"Rysa, stand your ground!" 

"Rysa!" 

"We can make it!" 

"Kill the Jedi" 

"No No No No" 

Gasping for air, Gripping my chest, I blink a few times trying to remember where I was. My room on the Resolute, moving my legs over the bed, so I'm sitting up with head in my hands. My hair falls around me as I take deep breaths; it was just a dream. 

It wasn't a dream; it was a memory, The Battle of Geonosis, My first real battle, not negotiations with two neighboring worlds. Not keeping the peace as we were taught as babies, This was a massacre of my people, and I survived. The friends I grew up with were gone, and I was here. I hadn't thought about them in months, but suddenly, for the past week, I have been reliving that day over and over. 

A soft knock on my door grabs my attention, making me look up from my hands, telling them to come in. My sweet captain walks in with his helmet at his side, seeing me sitting on my bed looking at the ground. 

"you alright, sir?" The blonde asks, waiting in the door, respectfully waiting, for me to permit him to enter further. Nodding, I sigh, grabbing my lightsaber and putting my boots back on; our eyes meet, not breaking for a minute. Rex has caramel eyes, eyes that remind me of our robes, and caff; there are also trees and leaves that fall on Naboo. It's a calm brown that makes you want to look deeper. 

Shaking my head, Rex clears his throat, moving away from the doorway "Well sir, we're in the teth system, and General Skywalker requested your presence." 

"Rex," I say as I walk a little passed him out of my room, turning slightly to look at him as he watches me, "this is worth it, right?" 

"I'm not sure I know what you mean sir." 

"I have been so optimistic about this, the last eight months; I have been trying so hard to make sure you and the boys felt welcomed and had high morale" I lean against the wall as he steps closer now in my doorway as I look down. 

"I haven't let the war hinder my spirits or damper my mood, but we lost so many men on Christophsis" I look up at him, tears in my eyes as he realizes that I'm serious and kneels next to me, looking up. 

"We are lucky to have you and General Skywalker as our generals, you have been strong, and it has helped our men; they look to the both of you for strength, and that's what you give," He says, making me smile. "I'm sorry you shouldn't have to be comforting your commanding officer." 

"It's alright," he says, standing up putting a hand on my shoulder, making me smile up at him, "We really should go," I chuckle, walking away with him behind me, giving a small chuckle. 

We walk to the main hangar seeing the rest of the boys gathering around Ahsoka; Jesse meets my eyes, as well as Kix and Hardcase. Hardcase rushes to us with a smile before stopping in front of me, telling me the story Ahsoka was telling them, making me smile. 

The poor guy can't sit still for the life of him, but it's okay. We still enjoy his antics; I pat Hardcase on the shoulder as I walk towards the others Jesse and Kix nod to me as I cross my arms standing behind the group listening to Ahsoka tell the boys of her part of the mission.