Ch 18 - For this day to go as quickly as possible

"We're here with General Skywalker and General Keen, Jedi knights newly promoted amid galactic war leading the 501st legion." A reporter says into a mic outside the temple. Anakin and I stand beside her as a camera points directly at us, making my heart quicken. Ani keeps bumping his shoulder into me, trying to center me, but it's not doing much.

"Ms. Terreaunie, We were in the process of getting promoted before the battle of Genenosis, but" Anakin shrugs, "Things happen."

I bump his shoulder this time; whatever happened, to be truthful, we both had at least another three years of training if the war hadn't interrupted it. Obi-wan was 25 to 26 when he was promoted, but only after Qui-gon wanted to take on Anakin.

"Right, anyway, you both indeed lead the 501st legion as a co-leading?" she points the camera in my face; a bead of sweat runs down my neck, making me gulp before I give a quiet yes.

"That would make the both of you the only duo in the Galactic Army of the republic leading the same legion. From the battle reports and footage we have received, it is now also a fan favorite throughout the galaxy. How does your newfound fame feel, and would you like to comment on the tactics from the last separatist encounter?"

Footage? What does she mean by footage? Who authorized videography in the middle of battles? Why is this getting leaked to the public? Why am I a fan favorite of the people?

BD-1 beeps behind me, tapping my back with their foot. The reporter gives a quizzical look, not understanding them, but I nod to BD; they tell the reporter to lay off, which makes me smile a little before Anakin brings the mic to him, always wanting the center of attention.

"General Keen and I have known each other since we were younglings; the council decided they needed the best of the best for such a large and skillful legion. Now, for our fans, we want to say thank you for your support, and keep supporting our troops. Skywalker out." Anakin throws up a peace sign before putting a hand on my shoulder, avoiding BD, who, the last time he put his hand on my shoulder, got shocked by a very protective droid.

I give the reporter a nod as she looks at us with a dropped jaw and the cameraman as Anakin and I walk back up the steps into the temple. We take our time walking up the stairs, a calm quiet before I disrupt it.

"It has to be a mole, right?" I say quietly, making Ani look at me, but I stare at my feet as we climb the never-ending steps of the temple.

"Rex and Cody have dealt with one mole. I'm sure they can figure this out," he says before clapping a hand to my shoulder. "But I don't think it's a mole; someone has a strategically placed camera and is watching us."

"I hate that," I say before we both smile, the energy. Slightly cold and quiet. "What will you do for the rest of the day?" he says as we make it to the floor level of the temple, Jedi of all kinds walking back and forth throughout the temple.

"I will train, maybe meditate, prepare us to leave for tomorrow with Rex," I tell him, but he doesn't move; he just watches me with a knowing look. Knowing what today is.

"Do you want me to go with you?" he says as I press my nails into my hands, grounding myself; it's okay; he's being supportive.

"I. I don't know if I will go," I tell him as a group of younglings walk by. A redhead with a small braid turns to me as I stand in the main hallway with Anakin. The boy scans him, then me, almost reading us through the force before turning and running to join the rest of his group.

"Rysa... Rye, it's okay, too.." Anakin thinks about his words, making me look at him. My robes are suddenly too warm to wear the many layers on my body.