#73 Awkard af

Welcome back sidneetians!!
Chapter:73
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

-Author's POV-

*3 MONTHS LATER*

She entered a cafe with her baby girl in a crib to meet her best friend or ex-best friend for the first time after their encounter... She was nervous but also determined to sort things with her... She smiled awkwardly seeing her sitting at a table in the corner... He waved her hi and she waved her back... She walked to her and Reem stood up to greet her, they shared awkward glances deciding whether to hug or shake hands or just nod and sit down... They chose to go with the third one after having an embarrassing interaction of choosing what to do... Reem looked at Jaya and then Avni, asking her permission to carry her... Avneet nodded and Reem carried Jaya in her arms and saw her with cooing expressions, she was normal, she didn't have down syndrome... Avneet has gone through a lot in her life, so, maybe this was god's gift to her... He made that 2% win and gave her and the child the happiness and gratefulness of whole life... She is a little underweight and even had a weak immunity but the doctor gave her a thumbs up... She kissed her cheeks and placed her back into her crib after saying-
.
Reem: She is so adorable...

Avni: She is... Let's order something...

Reem: Um, sure... You do, I-I have a fast today...

Avni: Huh, oh, it's Karva Chauth today... I-it skipped from my mind...

Reem: It's okay, you go ahead and order...

Avni: No, I am fine...

Reem: Oh, c'mon just order... I know you are hungry plus you have to feed this cutie...

Avni: Okay, but are you sure that you won't be tempted...

Reem: If I was to be tempted then I wouldn't have agreed to meet in a cafe...

Avni: Right... Excuse me...

Waiter: Yes ma'am...

Avni: Can I get a club sandwich and a decaf, please...

Waiter: Anything else mam?

Avni: No, thank you...
.
And the waiter left after nodding... And then there was an awkward silence... Avni tried to start a conversation couple of times but couldn't find the appropriate words... So, she decided to start with a small talk...
.
Avni: How are you?

Reem: Good, good... You?

Avni: Me too... How is everyone else?

Reem: They are good too...

Avni: Papa?

Reem: He is doing better...

Avni: Nice... *Long pause* Reem, I don't want to live away from you guys anymore... The day you told me that dad had a heart attack, I felt like my world has ended... I don't want to regret this later and I know that asking for forgiveness like I am right now, wouldn't give me forgiveness... I know I have to earn it and I am ready to do anything for that... I am sorry, Reem... I am, I really, really am... I know I made a selfish decision... I choose a man over my family, my best friend and even if I say that I was blinded by love, it still isn't an explanation... I know I was wrong, I should have listened to you and I am not saying this because my marriage failed, even if it didn't, I would still have tried to explain to you guys how I feel and tried to persuade you all to let me marry him rather than eloping with him... I am sure that if he was the right man, I would have gotten your blessings, if not of the whole family, then at least of yours... You have supported me all my life... We were inseparable and I was the happiest when you became my sister-in-law but I ruined it, I ruined everything... And I can't be more guilty... I don't expect you to forgive me, at least not just yet but I am ready to do anything to get your forgiveness... Punish me, scold me, do anything you want to, just forgive me...
.
When the waiter arrived, he kept the food and left...
.
Reem: A very nice speech you prepared, huh? Do you even know what I am mad about? Do you care to know that? Do you care about me?

Avni: I do care about you...

Reem: Really? Then why didn't you call me in these years? Do you even have an idea how lonely I was? I am not mad because to elope with Riyaz... It is your life and you deserve to be with the man you love, that didn't end well is a different thing... No one can guarantee a happy marriage, you can only wish for it... But what I am made about is that you ended us, I was angry at you as a sister-in-law but not as a friend... Rather, I was disappointed in you, disappointed about not knowing me enough, about not trusting me enough... I might have been against it but I would have supported you like I always did... Okay, I understand you were angry at that time but what about after that, you didn't even call me when your husband was cruel to you or when you found out about him and Anushka or when you left him or when you were struggling alone or when he asked for Sam's custody or when you got to know that Jaya might have down syndrome... I waited for you to make the first move, to tell me that you are sorry, but you didn't...

Avni (faintly): I am sorry...

Reem: You know I will forgive you; it is not very difficult for me... Because I love you; I love you so much but dad won't, not easily at least... So, come to me when he does... Get his apology and you get mine...

Avni: Please Reem...

Reem: What you said you will do anything, now do it and have your sandwich it is getting cold...
.
And she got up and left after patting Jaya's cheeks adorably; leaving Avneet alone with her food and daughter...
.
Avni: That was your aunt, Jaya... I will do my best so that you and your brother can get to live with her... I will do my best so that you can get your family...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
EOC

How was the chapter?

Okay chalo bye...