Stressful

I'm at home laying down in my bed looking at the chipped white ceiling. Today was uneventful. I turn over on my stomach to look at the posters on my wall. I turn on my side my elbow supporting my head. I have some math work that I didn't finish and I'm completing it but I'm completely burned out. I sigh and try to do some more of my homework. As hours pass by I hear the door downstairs open. That's probably my mom.

I get up off my bed and start walking down the stairs. It's impossible to be quiet even if you try. The stairs always squeak at the most inconvenient time. My mum stands in the kitchen her hands resting on the island and her head held low. Her long curly hair is tucked away into a low slicked back bun. She works as a nurse and so I barely get to see her.

She seems surprise as she looks up at me. Her eyes looked tired but I could see a glimmer in them.

"Nice to see you home for once." My mum says smiling.

"I could say the same mom."

My relationship with my mum hasn't always been the best. But as I got older it's gotten better. I tried my hardest to do well in school. But she never really notices.

"How was work?" I knew it would be the same answer. It always is.

"Stressful."

I always wondered why she kept working for a job that caused her stress. The constant yelling. The constant stress. But it just showed me how strong she was. How strong she was to take care of me even when my father was a bum that never cared.

"I come from work expecting my daughter to make me some food. Is that too much to fucking ask for?"

There she goes.

"I made some spaghetti. It's in the microwave. I'm gonna finish up some homework."

I try not to talk to her because we usually end up arguing and I don't feel like arguing.

..........

I'm having a brain fart. This chapter was boring. I know it. I'll try to make the next chapter spicy.

Yah.