For me?

Daisy didn't come home last night. I contemplated calling her or texting her to see how she was doing. My hand lingers over her contact on my phone. Maybe I took things too far.

Oh I definitely took things too far. Why I went to her office was beyond me. Yes she said some things to her but it could've waited. I didn't have to go to her job like a madwoman and cause a scene.

I pace around the room waiting like a creep for her. Tasha comes in the room and plops onto the bed.

"Zoe?"

She calls my name in an attempt to gain my attention.

"Yes?"

She sits up on the bed and offers me a few chips that she had in her hand.

"Why are you doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Stop that!"

She throws a chip at me.

"Did you just throw a chip at me?"

I ask seriously and the I jump on her tackling her whiles she laughs and yells at me to get off of her. Whiles playing we barely heard when Daisy stops at the door and clears her throat. To which we abruptly stop whatever we were doing and Tasha also throws a chip at her mum.

But Daisy doesn't look amused. No- she looks like she has some bad news to tell us. And that's never a good thing.

"Can I speak to you for a sec Tasha?"

Ms Daisy asks avoiding my eyes. That's weird. I'm the one that's always avoiding her eyes. Not the other way around.

Tasha gets up and walks to the door. Her mom closes the door behind her.

I know i shouldn't snoop. But I can't help it as I crack the door open peeping through it to see if anyone was there. But the hall remains silent and Tasha and her mom are nowhere to be seen.

I walk down the stairs making sure not to make any noise and I stand close to the wall making sure not to be seen. I hear hushed whispers and then Tasha's voice gets louder.

"I don't want to have dinner with him. Did you forget what he did to you mom?"

"I know Tash. He just- he seems sorry ok? He's changed."

Tasha let's out a sarcastic laugh.

"Mom, you're a phycologist. You should know better than anyone that no one really changes."

"Please Tash, just come to the dinner. For me?"

Although I can't see them I can picture Tasha rolling her eyes as she agrees to attend the dinner with her cheating father.

"Ok mom. But only because I love you  and I want to be there for you."

I get that as my cue to hurry up and leave so I rush up the stairs and hurriedly open the door to the room making sure to go to the bathroom and lock the door.

I sit on the toilet and rub at my face trying my hardest not to cry.

What did I expect huh? Did I expect a married, straight woman  to leave her perfect life for me? A teenager who's barely holding herself together.

I don't need to expect anything because that conversation shows me where me and Daisy stand. I was just her fling. Fuck this shit.