ukyo | "it's cold"

ukyo x reader (no prns) • 0.8k
|romantic; fluff, hurt-comfort , established relationship au (married), modern au
[ ukyo gets deployed , reader misses him :( , why did i make this so sad in the beginning , lots of kissing ]
requested by Mew_Mew_Keki

8k|romantic; fluff, hurt-comfort , established relationship au (married), modern au[ ukyo gets deployed , reader misses him :( , why did i make this so sad in the beginning , lots of kissing ]requested by Mew_Mew_Keki

i'm sorry i have no idea where to put in the date 😭 maybe i'll make another n tag you :')) also on another note, ur requests r always so specific how do u even think of them wfjdhsh i love you

♡___

when people say they can't bear to do long distance relationships, your first thought would be "oh, so their s/o is not in the military force then" because months and years is nothing to you. it may be a normal occurence at this point─ seeing your husband off, wait for like half a year (if fortunate), welcome your dear husband back ─but your heart clenches every time either way. more so the fact that your lover has no guarantee of coming back alive.

and maybe because the day after is valentines.

maybe that's why the dining table feels so empty. or that watching the kids from your neighbourhood making snow ducks is your only source of happiness now. winter has always been this cold but you've never found yourself craving an insane amount of warmth, you only just realise this when you catch yourself slipping into the 6th layer of clothing.

ukyo had told you before his deployment that he would probably not make it for valentines. apologies fall past his lips and you only shake your head in understanding. you can't blame him, it's not like he can do anything either. he doesn't miss it when you turn your head for a second to purse your lips, and when you turn back to him, your eyes are slightly glossy. his mouth seals shut then, arms bringing you closer instead and in the next moment, his lips are gently molding onto yours. he brings a hand to your cheek, slightly leaning back and his breath tickles your skin when he whispers.

"i love you". a little thud is heard when he knocks his forehead lightly onto yours. "so, so much".

your lips tremble when you say it back and you waste no time to connect your lips again, urgently pressing your body to him. ukyo's eyes flutter close as he reciprocates, hand cradling the back of your head. because tomorrow, you'll be lonely again.

_

you remember going to bed that night with your lover's pajamas close to your nose. you don't however remember falling asleep but when you open your eyes, the clothing in your hand is slightly damped and there's a pleasant smell coming from the kitchen. shrugging off the layers you've had the night before, you mentally curse yourself for being too into your emotions as your body has gotten sweaty from all those clothes. great. ukyo is not here, your body is itchy and everything feels so stupid and annoying and now you have to get up to make breakfast and─ wait. there's a pleasant smell coming from the kitchen. 

there's a pleasant smell coming from the kitchen?

immediately jolting up, you pinch your nose before taking in the scent again. did you miss ukyo so much that you're even hallucinating right now? somewhere in your heart, you hope that you're proven right since that's the most logical reason. but to your dismay (or is it), the scent is still there.

you approach the kitchen with heavy steps, scrutinizing the surroundings warily. your illusion must be so powerful that you're seeing the familiar mop of white. so so powerful that when he turns around, he's even greeting you a 'good morning'. so so powerful that he's even taking steps towards you, eyes looking into your widen ones. you barely register it when he closes the distance and suddenly, there's a moist sensation on your forehead.

"oh"

ukyo simply watches as the gears inside your head turn before he feels a sudden weight on top of him. "ukyo...", you whimper. he's here. he's here. he's here. he's here.

your partner's expression softens, hands circling your body to hold you in his arms however long you want. "i made breakfast by the way", he adds as his hand trace a heart on your back. you pull away a little, enough to see his face without detaching yourself, and a pout is visible on your face. "i thought you weren't coming until next week..". ukyo lets out a breathy laugh at that. his lips curve even wider when he replies, "got work done early and wanted to suprise you". your lover pecks your lips afterwards. how can he not when yours are puckered like that just for him to see? he smirks satisfiedly at your parted lips, your heart hammering faster against the rib cage from how casual that was.

for a moment, you had to remind yourself that you've been together for years and a simple kiss shouldn't have bothered you that much. but who is he to deny when you pull him in for another taste.

___♡

now everyone go grab someone to kiss ! </3 /lh

i have one request left to finish n at first, i wanted to post it all together but i made u all waited for so long so i felt guilty hence the chapters spam 😞😞