| twenty nine |

< jack >

i opened my eyes and saw that i was laying down on a mattress. i wasn't tied up or anything, but i realized that i was still in the basement.

it all made sense now. cameron just 'helped' me before to use me for money and other stuff. and this was just some sort of revenge because i was already in the position on what i was doing to other people before. and, it felt like it was all my fault.

i let cameron control me, and didn't even realize it until it was all too late, and he used me to abuse me. how stupid was i not to figure everything right? i was so fucking dumb.

a few gunshots broke me back to the awful reality. i immediately stood up though i was still sore from the abuse, but it was for the best.

i walked up the door and it was locked from outside. i banged on it, and waited for a person to open it for me. yet, no one did.

i did another few, and luckily, i heard people whispering outside. "open the door, please!" i yelled with all my might, and i could feel the veins from my throat popping out. "please! let me out!" i punched the door until my knuckles started to hurt.

"gilinsky!" someone yelled across, and i recognized matthew's voice. hope filled up my whole body. "back up and we will kick the door open, okay?"

"yes! yes, okay." i replied. i wanted to ask questions, but it wasn't the right time.

soon enough, the door was open and shawn and matthew showed up. "oh my god, jack." matthew said, checking my bruises all over my body.

"i'm fine." my voice was shaking. "let's go now."

"you're sure as hell not fine." shawn said, emphasizing the word 'not.'

well i wasn't, either physically or emotionally. both were equally painful.

"don't mind me, i'd be fine, we just need to get out of here." i said, trying to be hopeful.

"let's get you out of here." shawn said, looking back to check if someone was there watching us.

soon enough, we were downstairs, in the kitchen, grabbing an ice pack for the bruises on my head. "what happened back there? i mean, the gunshots?" i asked, trying not to wince in pain as shawn continued to apply medical acids on my bruises.

"oh," matthew said, leaning back on the counter and gulping down a bottle of water. "we-we killed the guys who dragged us there." his voice was shaking so bad. fear and anxiety filled his eyes. "shawn grabbed a gun from the guy and we did our best to defeat them."

i glanced over at shawn who looked really uncomfortable.

"shit," i said, my body reacting to the pain. "it's painful."

"we're done now." shawn placed the cotton on the side and leaned back on the counter beside matthew.

"what now?" i asked, wrapping bandage cloth around my beaten up knuckles.

"escape." they both said in unison.

i nodded my head and stood up firmly. matthew and shawn fixed their shirts and glanced at each other, before looking at me. "you sure you wanna go with us?" matthew asked.

"i am. it's for the best."

then i remembered hayley. "where's hayley?" i asked, raising my voice for no apparent reason. or well maybe because i was anxious again. anxious that i might never see her again.