| prolouge |

3 a.m.

i was walking for almost an hour, trying to find my way back home. i often go out of my house at midnight and walk in the quiet streets of new york, to think.

i always think of the things that really bother me the most. i have a lot going in my head, that i can't even explain myself. people call me 'insane' despite of me being creepy and all, but i know for a fact that i am not.

but i wish i was the monster they all think i am.

"hey," a voice brought me back to reality as i quickly held onto my black sling bag.

i stood there, frozen.

"hayley," i know i heard the voice before, but it was all raspy and sounded really weak. fear filled my whole body, causing my brain not to function properly.

"wh-who's there?" i asked, still not moving a single muscle. i haven't removed my grip from my bag because i was beyond scared to move.

he finally showed up and stood in front of me.

my best friend's face was illuminated by the street lights, all bruised and beaten up. he had bloodshot eyes because of crying and he had huge bags under his tired eyes.

"oh my god, nash," i walked up to him and i cupped his face with my hands. "who did this?" tears started to brim my eyes.

my vision became really blurry and i wasn't able to stop the tears from streaming down on my face.

"please don't cry," he used his thumbs to wipe away the tears that had fallen. "i hate seeing my best friend cry."

uncontrollable sobs came out from my mouth as i hugged him. he hugged me back, but not as tight as mine.

"let's go home." i said as i helped him walk.

we almost tripped as nash and i remained our balances. it was hell of a hard to walk, despite he is a lot taller than me.

"where do you think you're going?" a raspy voice came out of the blue, as i felt nash being pulled back in the dark.

"who the hell are you?" i asked. nash was still being dragged away from me.

"you don't need to know, honey. you don't wanna get beaten up like him, right?" now, he showed himself as he took a step forward, towering over me. he has deep brown eyes filled with lust. he licked his lips before turning his back away from me.

i cringed so hard at the thought of it. i grew even more scared than i was earlier.

"answer me honey, you don't wanna get hurt by me, right?" he asked again, as he tightened his grip on nash's messed up arm.

i simply shook my head.

"good girl," his perfect pearl white teeth showed, as it simply disappeared by the second. "now leave."

i glanced over at nash who was now crying, "shut the fuck up, douchebag! why the fuck are you crying? is your little girl leaving you?" the guy threw a punch on nash's ribs and continued throwing some.

tears brimmed in my eyes again but i tried to stop them from falling. "please stop," i said. uncontrollable sobs came out from my mouth as i covered it with my cold, bare hands.

"go the fuck away, honey. you don't want to see your little boyfriend die in front of you. or if you don't want to leave, you'll be the next one to start panting for air."

i glanced over at nash who was now lying on the ground, catching his breath. he looked up to me, and mouthed me to leave.

"nash-"

"go away!" he shouted, as his head slowly rested on the ground.

my eyes went huge. i haven't heard him yell that loud, ever. i was trying to conclude everything that was happening, but my brain wasn't working really well.

i ran and ran, until i had nowhere to go to.

it was all a nightmare, except, i was awake.
--
heeeeyyyy!!!
welcome to Addiction y'all!!!
so this is gon be really different, so yuuuuhhhh
i suck at makin author's note at the end lolz
ok
jack g all da way hey
so yah