| ten |

< hayley >

after all the drama that happened, i asked jack if i could go out to have some fresh air and to clear my mind off of things.

unexpectedly, he let me to.

as i was walking down the busy streets of new york, i decided to go to mcdonald's because i was beyond hungry.

when i entered, the smell of fast food made my mouth water.

i quickly lined up to the register and decided what to order.

"good evening ma'am, what can i help you?" the cash registrar asked.

i dictated my order as she pressed some buttons on the cash register.

"okay, please wait at the side. next?" she said, as i moved aside and waited for my order.

a crew handed me a tray with all my orders placed in it, as i thanked him.

i made my way to an empty seat and a table.

i grabbed my phone from my pocket, and unlocked it.

i decided to go check on instagram, and well nothing new happened.

-

"shit, it's cold," i said, pulling my flannel up to me as i walked down the streets again.

i missed walking alone at night.

except, i am now traumatized because of, well, jack.

i glanced at my phone to check the time.

7:14 pm.

i decided to walk more, to explore new streets.

while i was looking up at some astounding looks of restaurants, i accidentally bumped into someone.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry," a strong australian accent welcomed me.

she had bright blue hair and she was tall as me.

"oh, hey, it's okay." i simply replied, giving her a warm smile.

she smiled back at me. "hey can you please give me some directions? i've never been here and my friend left me in the restaurant we were in earlier," she looked down, ashamed.

"yes, of course. where's your destination though?" i asked.

"well," she paused, looking down at her phone."the diamond street?" ((a/n lmao i made that up))

i realized that was the street where jack's house was.

"hey, my friend lives there! i could walk with you, if you want." lies. all lies.

well as much as i didn't want to lie, i needed to.

who would tell a stranger that you live with a kidnapper?

well at least not living with, but staying with.

"that's great! thank you," she said.

i smiled and nodded my head.

as we started walking, there was a silence between us.

"hey, what's your name?" she asked, breaking the silence.

"oh yeah, hayley. hayley mallory, and you?" i replied, putting my hands in my pockets.

"natalie, natalie sivan." she replied, looking at me.

"awesome, so are we friends or?" i asked, as we both laughed at the end.

"yes, of course."

i didn't realize that we already reached the street, so i decided to tell her that we were there already. "hey we're here," i said.

her phone started ringing.

she answered.

"hello?"

i awkwardly stood beside her.

"natalie!" a guy walked up to us, looking really annoyed.

"where the hell have you been? we've been looking everywhere for you!" he said, throwing his hands up in the air.

natalie furrowed her eyebrows. annoyed, too. "zoella left me outside the damn restaurant, troye! god." she shook her head.

i was standing awkwardly beside both of them, as they continued arguing in the middle of the street.

i felt my phone vibrated in my pocket, signaling a person texted me.

{anonymous number}: where are you? -jg

oh yeah, great, jack.

hayley: outside your effin mansion, standing awkwardly beside two people arguing in the middle of the street.

i pressed SEND.

"you know what, that's it," natalie said, walking towards me. "here's my number, call me, and let's hang out, okay? i'll see you soon." she handed me a card with her other personal stuff printed on it.

"okay, thank you, it's nice to meet you." i replied.

she walked away, as the guy trailed behind her.

"who was that?" i turned around and saw jack, holding a gray hoodie.

"a new friend," i said. he handed me the hoodie.

"i saw the way you pulled your flannel ealier when you were texting me," he said.

i blushed out of the blue.

"yeah, whatever jack." i wore the hoodie he handed me. it was really soft and comfy.

"you're cute when you blush, mallory."

i eyes went huge. i punched his arm playfully.

he laughed at the end.

i didn't know how to feel. well because i was wearing a stranger's hoodie.

and the worst part is, he was the one who took my friends away from me.

---

ANOTHER UPDATE

IM SORRY ABOUT THIS IM HAVING MAJOR GILINSKY FUCKING FEELS RIGHT NOW!!

BTW THIS CHAPTER'S DEDICATED TO MY FRIEND ((u know who u r hehe))

IM JAMMIN TO I LOVE LA // EMBLEM3

AYE AYE I LA LA LA LA LOVE LAAA

okay hehe

love y'all!

stay awesome! 👊