LILY

014. KISS KISS

It's been a whole week since Kim told me a sliver of her past. The family's past. I blame my muted reaction on my being too shocked for words. I stayed in my room the rest of the night, skipping dinner. I haven't seen Royce since our night at the hot tub because he had left out of state for business. My face scrunches at the thought.

How does someone have this gorgeous house but barely even live in it?

On the other hand, I applaud him for his evident success in life, even if it was partially inherited. It still takes a lot of work to maintain something like a business, even if it's passed down.

I woke up feeling a bit sluggish this morning and decided to do some yoga in the garden. My brain and body can't keep up with the continuous information and events, and I feel lost. I'm living with a killer. Kim killed her sister. And by the looks of how trashed my house was, I wouldn't put Royce too far off that list. I should be screaming for the hills, running for my life, or going to the police. That would be the rational and responsible sense of action. Despite it all, I was calm. I lift my arms above my head, breathing deeply, feeling the cool air rush through my lungs before bending into a wide-legged forward pose.

"You shouldn't be out in the open like this."

I get startled and land on the grass, wincing as I look toward the voice to see Royce. Fighting down a blush, I scowl at him for interrupting my zen. "What are you doing here?" I grunt, rubbing my throbbing hip.

"I live here. What are you doing back here by yourself?" He responded indifferently.

Why was he so sassy all the damn time? I clear my throat to avoid the already rush of embarrassment in my throat. "If you had eyes, you could see I was doing yoga," I say sweetly with a tight smile.

"I have something to discuss with you." Royce disregards my attitude, pursing his lips unamused.

"What for?" I ask, wiping my bum when I stand up, but he only gestures for me to follow him. I follow silently as he leads me to the living room, where he goes straight to the bar for a glass of scotch.

Scotch must be his favorite.

"I need us to do something, and I require your assistance," Royce treads lightly on the subject. I squinted my eyes at him, unintentionally trailing over his figure.

He wore a black turtleneck with back pants and black loafers. A simple gold chain around his neck, a wristwatch, and his sister's bracelet. So simple, but it was simply sexy.

"Assistance as in..." I trail off.

"I need you to seduce someone for me at a club," Royce says casually before downing his drink.

I gave him a deadpan expression. "You're kidding, right? Who the fuck do you think I am?" I clipped heatedly.

"You were a stripper, were you not?"

I scoff at his pointed look. Yes, I was a stripper, but that didn't imply that I willingly flung myself at men for money. Men came to me to give me money, not the other way around. I glare him down and voiced my thoughts. "Just because I was a stripper doesn't mean I gave myself to men for money."

"But If I recall, you gave yourself to me in exchange for money, am I wrong?" He challenged.

I scoff. "That was different, and you know it. This situation is completely different, you asshole!"

He didn't say anything after and downed the rest of his second pore. The only sound that could be heard was my heavy puffs of anger. "So, are you in or not?" He asks.