LILY

043. TO HELL AND BACK

"Wake up."

I stirred in my sleep and was abruptly woken up by cold water pouring on me. Coughing hysterically, I sit up and pound on my aching chest. "What the hell!"

"Rise and shine whore. Here's your food for today," a gritty voice demands.

I look up between my soaked hair and glare at the bastard smirking down at me. I gaze at the small plate of food, another piece of bread and more soup.

The man snapped when I remained unresponsive, but before he could touch me, another man I didn't notice by the door whistling at him. He said something in another language, leaving the man in front of me irritated. He turns to me with a sneer before spitting on the plate of food, leaving the room, and slamming the door behind him.

My scowl trails him, and as I look back towards the food, I gag and then throw up. I groan in disgust and wipe my mouth, rubbing my stomach when it makes noises of hunger. Now I was cold and starving because I was not eating that. God knows what they put in it. It could've been poisoned. Several days if not weeks have rolled by like a blue. And it was the same meal every time, bread and soup, but the end results were the same. I consumed the bread and a little soup, but I ended up losing my stomach afterward. They're most definitely putting something in the soup. I've lost a little weight, I could tell by my wrists and waist. But the way I was losing it wasn't a pleasant sign. My mother liked to test people, and she knew I'd eventually cave in, but she doesn't know what I'm capable of, not yet, at least.

It was the same daily routine with an occasional appearance from my mother, who only came to torment me. I woke up from cold water, screaming from other prisoners, or the guards calling me horrific names. Celeste hadn't come to see me in a while, and I was starting to worry. She'd said she would try to find me sooner rather than later. But I was slowly losing hope.

I paranoidly paced and fleeted my attention to the camera every few seconds. I tried to cover it up or even break it, but the guard who seemed to hate me would come in and chain me to the bed for a few hours till the next day as punishment with no food or water. And speaking of the devil, and she shall appear. Mother saunters in by herself and stares me down, crossing her arms in a display of dominance.

"I'm surprised you haven't dropped yet. The guards say you haven't been eating your food."

"Why the fuck do you care?" I grit distastefully.

She sighs, her tin lips frowning. "I don't, but I can't sell flesh and bone. Men in Russia love a bit of meat on the bones."

My throat closes up. "That's more of a reason to starve myself."

She clicks her tongue before snapping her fingers. Suddenly a group of five guards, including the asshole from before, walks in. He glared at me with something evil behind his eyes, and it caused me to lock up. I look back at my mother in question, but she just smirks at me.

"Starve yourself as much as you'd like, but if there's one thing for sure, bad men love broken women, and I must please my customers. You won't drop, so these men have volunteered to break you in for me."

I gape at her, and then the tears start to fall. I gulp and shuffle further away from them, not allowing myself to get cornered. I try not to weep when the further mother walks away, the closer the men get. "Mama?" I call out. "Stop this!"

With one last glare, she slammed the door shut, leaving me in the room with them.

"I was told she's a screamer."