LILY

028. BACK TO BASICS

With all the cramming events yesterday, Chastity managed to keep Mia busy after coming back from working at the strip club, but she came back with a housing-warming gift.

"You did not?" Mia gasps, snatching the large box from Chastity with a gleeful shriek. "These are the good kind too!"

"Curtiousy of my baby, Axel." Chastity nods her head enthusiastically, just as excited. "Since Lily doesn't work at the club anymore I thought why not bring the club to her!"

I scoff playfully and look at the box encasing an expensive-looking pole inside. I haven't danced since I started living here, but I'm confident in my ability to bounce back. "This is amazing, Chastity. Thank you."

She waves me off and kisses my cheek before we all begin to assemble the pole in my room. Or should I say-Me and Royces' room. I'd love to see his reaction to the 10-foot pole were installing in our room, but I couldn't stop the giddy feeling fluttering in my chest knowing he'd secretly love it.

After we had sex under the lilys and the stars, we'd agreed to share the largest room in the north wing of the house, which so happens to be right across from his office. Things have...changed. We made each other feel good, not just sexually, but physically. We were more at peace, less tense, and understood what we like or disliked and are able to read each other for lack of better words.

Chastity opened the door and called out to someone, a maid appears at the door in seconds with a small smile. Chastity clears her throat and says in a mock British accent, "Would you mind grabbing us a speaker and some snacks, please?"

"Yes, miss," the maid says before walking away.

Mia and I share a look before giggling and we all together balance the poll to wedge tightly against the ceiling. I swipe my forehead and trail the pole all the way to the top. "Now we need a ladder and some tools," I point out.

Luckily there was a housekeeping closet on every floor so I went and grabbed the stuff before returning to find the floor scattered with various snacks and drinks. I place a strawberry in my mouth and lick my lips at the sweet taste. "Now who feels confident enough to go that high?" I trail off. I and heights were a big no-no.

Mia volunteers. "I'll do it."

We set up the ladder and after some struggle, we manage to safely steady the pole and ladder at the same time for Mia to climb the ladder and screw the top into the ceiling.

"I see you all are enjoying yourselves."

I turn my head to see Axel leaning against the door frame, nodding his head at the sight of his purchase. "Very much," I huff a laugh. "You don't know how happy this makes me."

He waves me off and comes up behind Chastity. "No big deal. Chastity was telling me how you said you missed dancing and I figure this could play into your and Royces' benefit."

I blush and they all laugh at me to which I scoff. "Whatever."

Mia finishes screwing in the top and safely makes it down. We all step back and admire the iron giant.

"Wow," we all say collectively.

"It's huge."

Mia snorts. "That's what she said."

"Ya'll are so annoying," I grumble with a laugh.

Axel chimes in. "Lily would know a thing or two about huge-"

I blanch at him and swat at his chest. "And how would you know Axel?"

"I saw it once..."

....