11.5

Sid glanced at her anxious figure which was trying to make some food. The key word is trying, even though he was drunk he could figure out that she was freaked out with what happened few minutes ago.
The air was reeking of awkwardness.

Sid cleared his throat and said- I'm leaving.
Sana- Why-what why?
Sid- Mom might be waiting.
Without any word he pushed the door opened as a huge splash of cold air bit his face.
He gulped as he started to walk in the lane when he lost his balance and tripped on someone who fell down.

The guy winced and angrily got up.
He shouted- Can't you see?
Sid glared and said- I can, can't you?
The man angrily said- I already had a bad day don't force me to do something with you-
Sid chuckled and took a step forward and said- What will you do huh?

The man took his fist out and angrily brought it near his face to punch when Sid fell on the side and his fist connected with another jaw.
A soft wince left her mouth as she closed her eyes.
The man's eyes widened and he ran away while Sid froze.
He was on the ground as he saw Sana slowly turn towards him with a worried face and bent down on his level while the blood oozed from her mouth.

She held his face softly and said- Are you hurt somewhere?
Sid that moment, did something.
He got up and without looking at her twice he left her alone. Bleeding. Looking at him while on the road.
He walked as fast as he could to not feel her heavy gaze on his back.

Sana touched her jaw and saw blood, she sighed and thought it's gonna leave a bruise.
She patted her dress and walked back to her house.
As she cleaned her wound softly, her eyes fell on her lips- will he regret it? Is he regretting it? Will he leave me? Will he act like nothing happened? Why did he leave me here though? Alone? Why? Wh-
So many whys and what ifs ran in her mind.

The next whole week, Sid ignored her like plague. Like she didn't exist at all.
Whenever she would try to come near him and talk- he would either turn away or drag riya along with him.
Sana got the message, he was regretting it.

Gulping down the pain of rejection she sat looking out of the window with her favourite song playing.
Suddenly she felt a warm arm around her and she with a flinch looked at the side and saw Manan warmly smiling at her.
They were now geninuely great friends.
Sana gave him a little smile to which Manan shook his head and forwarded her something to see.
Sana looked at it with questioning eyes to which Manan looked at her with a reassured look and said- Make your family. But before that- make yourself.

Manan brought his hands near her face and slowly caressed her wound on her lip which she had a week back.
Manan looked at her back and saw Sid looking at them with his jaw clenched.
Sana was about to turn when he grabbed her face and said Focus. On. Your. Self.
Sana- Huh?

Meanwhile Sid turned his back and took out a cigarette and walked out.

2 months, and this time Sid didn't see Sana. At all. No where.
He was getting anxious moment by moment, until he heard Manan talk to Sana on phone one day while he was walking to his car.

Sid looked up at the sky and heard the clouds growl a little. There's gonna be a little storm- he thought.
Sana.
She is scared of them.
He took a deep breath and walked towards his classes for the day.

Around evening he drove to her place and the moment he was about to enter her lawn there she stood as if waiting for him.
Sana looked at him shocked and said- I was coming to you.
Sid smiled in his mind but showed a cold face and said- Why?