Chapter 5

"This is nice"

"I was hoping for a bit better than that, darling"

"Ever so corny Adrian"

She raised an eyebrow at how she would have to get used to this, his stupid, caring, affectionate, all those positive-to-do-with-relationships words he had mastered over the years. Their little holiday had proved a somewhat hit even if it was from a Friday to a Tuesday, five days of utter bliss.

"Do you want to do something today?"

"We've done something every other day so I say we just stay in, relax, recuperate before we have to head back home to the hospital of hell"

"You love that place"

She hums slightly and Fletch takes her hand, she was thoroughly enjoying the way his hands were both tickling her back in a nauseating domestic way she never thought she would have with him.

"I do but even for me, it does get a bit too much Adrian"

"Well we can do whatever you want today"

"Lazing around will do me fine"

"Never thought I would hear that"

"There's a lot of things you dont know about me, you just wait"

-CS-

"At least let me treat you to a meal?"

"I'm not for grand gestures, you should know that"

"Not even a date?"

"Nope"

She smirks at him, she could tolerate it if she wanted but she preferred doing this without judgement, he rolls his eyes and pulls her into his body, planting a kiss on the top of her head.

"Anyway surely you should be grateful that I want to spend all of my time with you and only you"

"I'm not complaining at all"

He laughs into the top of her head and she smiles, her hands coming up to rest on his shoulders, she hooks one of her legs over his hip and he kisses her on the lips.

"I won't say no to a bath though"

-CS-

Her legs were swung over the side of the bath, her head rested on Fletch's shoulder as he brushed his fingers up and down her arm gently. He pressed his lips to her forehead, she smiled simply at the gesture and at how relaxing this was. Their skin touching like this was something she thought she could never bring herself to have but she did now and that was something to get used to.

"Do not get my hair wet, I only washed it yesterday"

"Dont remind me"

"You have one thing on your mind"

Her eyes narrow before she smirks referring to what happened in the shower last night, another time when he couldnt keep his hands off her not that she was complaining. The more she thought about it the more she realised how serious this was getting and quick.

"Do you think the kids will be happy?"

The way he paused his motions, the brushing of his fingers against her forearm, she dared to look up at him and he cupped her cheek knowing she was worried about telling the kids, especially the younger ones.

"With us together?"

"Yeah"

"I think so"

He smiles and she nods slowly turning the tap on to warm the water up a bit more. He grabbed hold of her and pulled her into his body again not appreciating how she moved from his body. So he kissed her and it did settle her nerves a bit.