Chapter 10

A/N: A direct continuation from the last chapter

The words cut through the air like a knife, she winced at his somewhat shocked expression and the way he was just standing there, in front of her with his mouth partly open. She willed him to say something but he didnt, it felt like ages when in reality it had probably been about thirty seconds if that.

"Say something Fletch"

"You're pregnant?"

"Yes"

The words hung over them more than she even thought they would, he could see the cogs whirring in his brain as he processed this information. She reached out to take his hand and he brought her in for a hug, she was thankful in a way that he didnt go off the rails.

"So the bloods..."

"Yeah..."

She nods and he nods before letting out a sigh, she looks at him and he kisses her on the forehead, neither of them really knew what to say about it.

"What do you want?"

Her heart warmed at him giving her the choice, she was grateful that he didnt expect anything of her.

"I dont know, I didnt..."

She tries to figure out how to word it but she just couldnt, he nods knowing it was a lot to process even if he didnt understand what was going on inside of her head.

"Look my shift's almost over...why dont you just hang on here and we'll go back to mine together and just talk?"

"Ok"

She nods, in a way she was thankful he was taking control of the situation. Gently he presses his lips against her forehead and she smiles and hugs him.

-CS-

"I am shattered"

She complains sitting down on the sofa, he smiles at her and heads over to the kettle to turn it on.

"Here"

"Hmm thanks"

She gestures to the tea, he sits beside her and puts an arm around her shoulders. He kisses her on the top of the head and she smiles.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Oh I dont know Fletch, I mean we're hardly young are we, you already have four kids and I have Emma, thats five kids between us and adding another one to clan could be recipe for disaster"

"Or it could bring us all closer together?"

She sighs and hums, this wasnt even a possibility a month or so ago and she really didnt know how to feel about it. Either way, she was thankful for his support.

"Either way it's going to be hard"

"Had you had any thoughts previously about having another kid after Emma?"

"Not really"

This was completely out of the ordinary for her, she didnt really see it and nor did she really want it but she didnt entirely rule it out either - it was confusing.

"But you could see yourself having another kid?"

"If the right person came along"

She smirks slightly and he chuckles into her head, his fingers running through it as she lets out a sigh.

"Am I the right guy?"

He asks her and she looks up at him, an eyebrow raised before kissing him softly on the lips. She swings her legs onto his lap and he kisses her on the forehead.