Chapter 9

"Here"

She smiled gratefully at the hot chocolate he placed in her hands before leaning up to kiss him on the lips softly. He hummed in appreciation at her lips against his.

"Are you not coming into work?"

"No"

"Still not feeling great?"

He presses a hand to her head but she just swats it away and pulls a face at him. He sits on the edge of the bed and pulls the duvet up more to cover her body as he peers at her phone.

"Jonny's decided to take Emma horse riding"

"And you're not ok with it?"

"I just dont want any broken bones"

She raises an eyebrow and Fletch chuckles looking at the video that Jac was watching, he kisses her on the side of the head.

"She looks like she's enjoying herself though"

"She's already messaged me saying she wants a horse"

"Have fun with that one"

He smirks and she leans up to kiss him before pulling him onto her body, his hands cupping her face and her eyes closing when he nuzzles her neck.

"You do need to go to work though"

"Hmm I dont want to, I'd rather spend every living, breathing moment here with you"

"Go to work, Fletch"

-CS-

He eventually left her to it and went to work, he hadn't heard from her so he assumed that she was getting her head down. Routinely throughout the day, he was checking his phone and to his surprise, she walked onto the ward around mid-afternoon.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was feeling better so I thought I'd get out, get some fresh air"

"And your first thought was to come here? Did you miss me too much?"

He teases and she just rolls her eyes as he gets up to kiss her softly on the lips.

"Well, I was thinking we could have some lunch together?"

"Alright then, give me two minutes and I will be right with you"

-CS-

"How are you feeling?"

"Yeah I feel better, being out of the house helped"

"I got you this"

He smiles passing her a key, she looks down at it and smiles before nodding knowing it was the key to his place. He kisses her softly on the lips, after she rests her head on his shoulder.

"Hmm you should get back"

She looks up at him and he rolls his eyes at her comment, he really did want to stay with her but she was right, he had a job to get back to.

"I'll miss you too much"

"I'm sure you will cope"

She smirks watching him stand up, she follows before gripping onto his shoulders, his hands immediately grab hold of her waist and he looks at her with concern, especially when she stumbled into his body.

"Jac"

"I'm fine"

"Come on we're getting you checked out"