Chapter 21

"Dad's going to kill you if he finds out you've been doing the hoovering"

"Yes, well I'm bored"

Jac complains and then stretches her back before sighing. She goes to sit down on the sofa and put her feet up whilst Evie walks over to the armchair to sit on it.

"Go back to work then?"

"I'm in too much pain for work"

"Can't you just like...do light duties?"

Jac sighs in annoyance, she wished things were different. The thing was she loved things that couldnt be mixed right now, she loved her baby and she loved her work but those two things would cause her an immense amount of pain and exhaustion.

"I was already on light duties as it was so it was just easier for me to quit until I've had the baby"

"Luckily there are only a few months left then"

-CS-

At least being away from work meant she could pig out on food and sleep for the majority of the day until Fletch got back, he was doing some weird shifts at the moment anyway so he was back around mid-day and Jac could tell he was shattered as well so they napped together in bed, it was so hot outside though which made it near impossible anyway.

"Move your 'and"

She moans and Fletch grumbles something under his breath, she shoves his hand off her tummy causing him to just pull her into his body even more.

"Fletch, I mean it, I want to sleep and I can't do that if you have your hand there"

"Just relax Naylor"

She sighs and turns around in his arms, he shifts onto his back so she could drape an arm over his chest. Her eyes glance up to his and he tilts his head to kiss her. She grabs his hand and rests it on the side of her tummy causing him to smile slightly.

"She's getting stronger"

"Hmm, yeah, it's comforting knowing she's safe in there"

"How did you get on with Evie today?"

"Hmm"

Jac hums tiredly and closes her eyes, he couldnt help but run his fingers under her top causing her to trace patterns along his chest until she cupped his cheek and pressed her lips against his and then looked at him directly in the eye.

"Well, she told me off for doing the hoovering-"

"As she should, you're meant to be relaxing"

"I complained that I was bored"

"The usual then"

"Then she had the audacity to suggest that I go back to work"

He couldnt help but snort at that, she rolls her eyes and kisses him again before draping a leg over his body so she was as close as possible to him.

"Maybe you should go back to work"

"No, granted I've had a great week, I've barely been in any pain but we all know how quickly that can change and I just can't take the risk"

"Well you know we will welcome you back with open arms when the time is right"

-CS-

"What on earth is that?"

She glares at him and Fletch just grins at her as all the kids help him, she shakes her head and smirks wondering if this was what she was missing. After all, she was a part of their family now and she had to get used to these impromptu family decisions.