Chapter 6

Somehow sitting in Pulses was much better than actually being on the ward, she and Fletch had been somewhat busy with their own lives leaving little time to focus on them or whatever they were, their relationship - that made Jac shudder.

"What are you doing here?"

"Drinking my coffee Sacha"

This was the last thing she needed, Sacha's interference, especially with her and Fletch trying to keep things under wraps needing little involvement from outside influences not that she really truly thought that those influences could change anything between them.

"Fletch says he's hardly seen you"

"Has he now"

Her sigh was one of annoyance, talk about stating the obvious. Her finger was tapping the side of the mug as she waited for Sacha to say something that would most likely annoy her considering the mood she was in.

"So how's it been going, I've hardly spoken to you since you've gone back to work"

"Ok"

One word answers were what was deemed best here, she was sure of it. Jac didnt want to give too much away so that Sacha couldnt make his annoying assumptions.

"Is that all I'm getting?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"You and Fletch"

She sighs and raises her eyebrows before letting her face relax. If she looked at Sacha then she was sure she would give the game away so instead, she looked down into her almost empty coffee cup.

"What about me and Fletch?"

"So are you together?"

"What makes you think we are?"

She wasnt even sure she wanted this explanation, the more she thought about it the more it struck her as the situation being irritating and the last thing she wanted to do was snap, especially at Sacha.

"I dont know, the way he was with you when you were ill, the way he was after, the way he hangs off every word you say-"

"He doesn't hang off every word I say"

Her brazen laugh echoed between them, she felt immensely awkward not wanting to stick her foot in it.

"He worships the ground you walk on"

"You're barking up the wrong tree. Now if you dont mind I need to get back to work"

"I think you look good together, if that helps"

"Bye Sacha"

-CS-

"Just walk in why dont you"

She rolls her eyes going to make sure the door was shut completely, she turns around and kisses Fletch softly on the lips before sitting at her desk.

"What is it?"

"I've had Sacha chewing my ear"

"Me too"

Her response caught him off guard, she raised her eyebrows before turning to her computer. He sits on the edge of her desk and she smiles up at him.

"You didnt say"

"It's more fun that way"

He rolls his eyes at her comment, she stands up and he opens his legs so she could stand between them. She kisses him.

"Now I have missed that"

"I was thinking maybe we could sit down with Mikey and Evie and tell them about us? See how it goes and all that..."