Chapter 12

"You're actually so incapable"

"Thats quite offensive actually, and I dont see how I am. I've washed, dressed and raised four children"

"She has a point dad, who even folds t-shirts like that"

Evie's smirk towards Jac confirmed to him that this setup was working, both of them were folding the t-shirts in a much more logistical way than how he folded them.

"This is why I usually do the laundry"

"Well, you weren't here to do it were you?"

Fletch responds and Jac just snickers at their conversation, she and Evie were making short work of the laundry anyway. He walks over to Jac and kisses her on the lips softly, she just smiles up at him and pecks him on the lips again.

"You two are way too old to be doing that"

"Wind your neck in"

Fletch points and Evie smirks at Jac who was trying to contain her laughter, it really had come to Fletch's attention that both of them clubbed together to wind him up when they were in the same room.

"Right these are done"

Jac places the shirts on the back of the sofa, Evie rolls her eyes and takes them upstairs for her father.

"You two are getting along rather well"

"Thats probably because we like to wind you up, collectively"

"Hmm, come here"

He brings her in for a hug, she wraps her arms around his body and he nuzzles into her neck causing her to sigh contently.

"I was sick last night"

"Oh?"

He pulls away to examine her face, she had a small smile on her face and her eyes flutter downwards and he nods gently.

"It's really happening then?"

"Yep, it really is"

-CS-

"How sick were you last night then?"

"Just once, I  sat in the bathroom because I didnt feel great and lying down was making me feel worse. I thought it was better to be safe than sorry"

"Alright"

He kisses her on the back of the head, she smiles at the affection.

"Can I get you anything for it?"

He offers and she just shakes her head, it was bearable for her so he just nods and kisses her on the back of the head once more.

"I really fancy some strawberries though"

"You know where the fruit is"

"I'm the guest"

She retorts and he just hums slightly before narrowing his eyes, she pouts her lips at him jokily so he relents and gets up to get her the punnet of strawberries.

"Thank you, love you"

"Try not to sound so sarcastic when you say that. Plus Naylor, you're becoming a  part of the furniture"

He grins and she just shoves a strawberry to his mouth, smearing it all over his lips to get her revenge.

-CS-

"It's so hot in here"

She complains and Fletch groans pulling the duvet with him, she tugs it back probably to be annoying so he just huffs. He gets out of bed and walks over to the window to open it.