Chapter 30

"Fletch"

She nudges him and he immediately wakes up and turns to look at her. She was sitting on the edge of the bed, a hand pressed to her back as she breathed out and he just immediately knew something was going to happen, it was like a sixth sense.

"How many?"

"I dont know, I lost count...I'm so tired and I haven't had any sleep"

He bends down in front of her and takes her spare hand and she groans softly resting her forehead against his and wincing.

"Do you want me to call the midwife?"

"Not yet, not until something dramatic happens, I just want this day to go off without a hitch. It's my first Christmas in forever with Emma and I dont want to ruin it"

"You wouldnt be ruining it Jac, sometimes these things happen"

"That's not the point though, I want this Christmas to be special, it has to be special"

She says quietly and Fletch nods knowing she had been battling with Jonny for weeks to have Emma for Christmas and now that was finally happening things seemed to be getting in the way of that.

"It will be special Jac...we just have to see how things go and the kids are already up downstairs because I heard the three younger ones battle with Evie and Mikey to get them up as well, I'm pretty sure they're all in Mikey's room on the console waiting for us"

"I guess we best get up then"

Jac stands up and grips onto his shoulders, he holds her upright as she groans softly again, he shoots her a warning look at how quick these pains were coming but as soon as she was done she was already in the bathroom getting ready for the day leaving him to sigh.

-CS-

"I never thought in a million years I'd be sat here with you and enjoy watching wrapping paper being flung around all over the place but the weird thing is, I'm more than enjoying it"

"Sometimes the things you dont think you'll enjoy you end up enjoying"

He smiles as she leans against the kitchen counter with a hot chocolate in her hands, she tilts her head back and lets out a long sigh so he stands in front of her and takes her mug so she could lean forwards against the counter allowing him to rub her back.

"Maybe we should ring-"

"No!"

He groans in annoyance and she presses a hand against her head as he continues to rub her back. The last thing he wanted was for them to be stuck here and run out of time and he would have to deliver the baby.

"Jac, please let me ring the midwife"

"Shut up Fletch, I just want a nice normal Christmas and to spend it with my daughter, is that too much to ask?"

"Ok, fine...fine"

He sighs and watches her head off to join the kids in the living room, he couldnt wipe the smile off his face at how Emma climbed up onto the sofa beside her to cuddle with her mum. It would never get old seeing Jac with her daughter and soon enough she will be doing it with their baby and that made his heart warm beyond belief.

-CS-

"Right, Evie, you can put the turkey in the oven and then Mikey you can chop the potatoes and keep an eye on Emma and Ella who are peeling the carrots"

"And what are you doing?"

"Checking on Jac, she's been upstairs for a couple of hours now catching up on some well-needed rest"