Chapter 19

"Are you in pain?"

"No..."

She trails off, she had been unsettled all night and it was obvious that he had noticed her rolling around under the covers beside him. Gently he places his arm over her body and pulls her against him before she huffs and turns the side light on. Jac gets out of bed and leans against the cool bedroom warm which provided her some relief from the achiness she was experiencing

"I'm so tired"

"Come here"

He whispers getting out of bed, she wraps her arms around his neck and holds onto him, he supports her body and massages her back gently knowing she was too afraid to admit she was in pain, the sad thing was he knew it was going to get worse for her and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Standing up makes it better"

"I can tell"

His fingers brush through her hair and she just sighs tiredly before pulling away to look at him in the eyes, leaning forward he kisses her on the lips, his hands resting on her hips.

"How about I run you a nice bath that might help your back?"

"Yeah, I'd like that, thank you"

-CS-

Fletch was sat on the floor beside the bath whilst Jac soaked away, it was obvious her back was bothering her so he just sat with her, his hand rested on top of hers sat on the edge of the bath. Jac was snoozing peacefully and Fletch was grateful that she was getting some form of rest until of course the alarm went off causing Jac to sigh and frown at how long she had been in the bath for.

"I need to get the kids ready for school, are you going to be ok here?"

"I'll be fine"

She yawns and Fletch kisses her on the head before leaning over the bath to help her out of it using all of his strength until she was in an upright position and out of the bath.

"Wrap yourself up in this and then get back into bed ok?"

"The further along I get I dont think I'll be leaving our bed"

"You just have to take it easy. Put something comfortable on as well, I dont want you catching a chill"

She sighs and pads over slowly to the bed after dressing in some pyjamas, she climbs in and winces slightly allowing Fletch to cover her legs over with the duvet whilst Jac finds the remote to watch some TV until there was a knock on the door so Fletch answers it to see Evie standing there with her arms crossed.

"Yes, I'm sorry, it's just been a difficult night I'll be down soon"

"You better be, I'm not doing breakfast yet again"

"Go Fletch"

Jac calls, she could tell he was worried about her and didnt want to leave her side but she knew the kids were important and also needed time with their father. It did make her feel immensely guilty that she was hogging him all to herself and the fact that Fletch was feeling torn between his responsibilities.

"Alright but please stay there and don't move, just rest"

"I'm going to go to sleep anyway, I'll see you after work. Also, can you pass this through to Hanssen?"

"What is it?"

"My resignation, my permanent resignation"

She offers him the letter from the bedside drawer, Fletch sighs knowing they hadn't really had a chance to speak about it properly but the look on her face confirmed to him that she was sure about this so he nodded, walked over to her and kissed her on the top of the head before leaving the bedroom.