Chapter 11

"A weekend of no kids"

"You've actually palmed them off onto unsuspecting parents"

She raises an eyebrow at his comment, she had practically moved in with him apart from when she had Emma, they usually stayed at hers but soon enough she knew they would be integrated as this somewhat confusing family unit.

"Hey, dont knock sleepovers you"

"I spoke to Max yesterday"

"Really?"

He frowns and Jac smiles at him as he lifts her feet up onto his lap to massage them. She places her magazine down on the side and leans back against the arm of the sofa.

"Yeah, she's sorted out all the paperwork and everything for us so we dont need to worry about that"

"What to do with..."

"You can say it you know"

She smirks at him, she knew he was reluctant to and she knew why. It was difficult keeping a lid on the whole thing in general but he was excited, she knew he didnt want to weird her out with his excitement.

"The baby...god it sounds so weird saying that"

"A nice weird though?"

"I suppose so"

He smirks back at her as she gets up from the sofa to walk into the kitchen, she had already made herself at home at his place, she had her favourite tea, her favourite snacks and just some other bits and bobs from her place.

"We just have to wait for an appointment then we'll see"

"Are you nervous?"

"Of becoming a mum at an ancient age?"

"You're not ancient"

He rolls his eyes at her comment, she just chuckles and walks over to him, she sits herself down on his lap. Their eyes meet and they kiss softly, their foreheads pressed together as they smile.

"Hmm if you say so"

"I love you"

She frowns, this was the first time either of them had said those three words, she was internally dreading it but it relaxed her in a way she didnt think it would.

"I love you too"

-CS-

"Acorn?"

She stares at him incredulously and he just smirks at her before swiping the bag out of her hands, it was her idea to play Scrabble for some unknown reason.

"No inappropriate words"

He warns her noticing the dirty smirk she had on her face, she places her tiles down on the board and he just raises his eyebrows at her word.

"So much for no inappropriate words then..."

"Come on, what did you expect?"

"I should have known really"

He passes her the bag so she could grab more tiles, he smiles at her and she just giggles slightly causing him to groan at her insane luck at this game.

"There we go"

"You're so annoying"

She mutters before standing up and stretching her legs, she grabs her tiles to make sure he doesn't look at them.

"How about we go out?"

He suggests and Jac hums slightly before smiling and nodding, he walks over to her and kisses her softly on the lips, she pushes her body into his and his hands rest on the small of her beck whilst they just stand there kissing. He looks at her tiles and laughs slightly at them.