Chapter 15. All the things she said

Y/n's POV:

I haven't seen her for two days already. She didn't text me, didn't respond to my messages, it seems that she simply decided to leave my life once and for all. I'm desperately trying to figure out what I did wrong, because after the situation in the park she acted quite normally, so I doubt that this is the reason.

Maybe her stress levels are up again and she doesn't want to see anyone right now, but nevertheless, it could be said normally. Anyway, I sincerely hope to get an explanation from her for her behavior, because, not gonna lie, it definitely kind of hurts.

Thoughtfully casting my glance over the office once again for today, I get up from my desk to stretch a little and go to the window with a magnificent view of the beautiful Los Angeles. I don't like the fact that my thoughts were almost completely captivated by one single person and all my previous worries faded into the background with the advent of the certain blondie in an Armani suit.

Am I not the one who wanted her out of my life? That's right, it would be better. Then why does it feel like all my motivation, strength, high spirits and desire to be a better person left me with her, being replaced by a pre-apathetic state? I guess, I can only wait for seeing her again and figuring everything out.

Elizabeth's POV:

"Darling, have you seen my blue tie?" Boyd asks, approaching me from behind and wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Look in the second drawer from the top in the closet," I calmly reply, although in fact I have already forgotten what calmness is, having learned to pretend like a professional actress.

"Mhm, alright." My fiancé's lips touch my neck, giving it a few kisses, but that action only makes me roll my eyes, take a deep breath, and move away from him.

"Something's wrong?" The concerned look in his eyes meets my feigned benelovent one as I reply that everything is fine and I'm just late for work. Sometimes I'm literally sick of myself and my never-ending excuses.

"Do you want to fly somewhere for the weekend? Rome, Venice, Prague or maybe Barcelona? I finally have free time for my beloved woman." His smile one more time reminds me, that I don't deserve him. He treats me with such kindness, patience, constantly wants to give me attention, and I can't stop thinking about some younger girl who doesn't even care about my feelings.

I miss her so much. But the feeling of venomous anger at her spending the night with Taylor kept me from even showing up at the office in order not to accidentally bump into her. She doesn't belong to me, but every particle of me burns with jealousy and obsessive disappointment at what she did, even though she has the right to do anything she wants. I don't even know how I should act when I see her again, because now I can't find a strengths to treat her like before.

These thoughts and another wave of resentment, which suddenly clouded my mind, once again push me to a rash action, which I will most likely regret later.

"I would love to go to Barcelona," I name the last city I remembered Boyd said, turning around to face him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"And I really appreciate that you make time for your fiancee, it will be a wonderful weekend." I'm not sure if sincerity is guiding me right now, but I definitely need to take my mind off Y/n and give myself a chance to maintain the normal relationship that I have now. Maybe, over time, I will become really happy with this man, forgetting forever about the girl from the next office who once stole my heart.

"Great," smiles the man, "then on Saturday morning we go on our mini-journey. I can't wait to walk the streets and beaches of this beautiful city with you, admiring the architecture and dining at the finest restaurants," he says dreamily, arching his eyebrow theatrically and slowly running his hand through the air, making me chuckle a little.