CHAPTER 26

Chapter 26

Nicholai

"Bro, tell me where the fck are you!?" I heard my cousin's angry voice over the phone. I was calling my girlfriend but why he's the one who's answering it?

"Cassie..." I whispered trying to talk to my girlfriend.

"Lasing ka na yata. Nasaan ka!?" he said.

"Where's Cassie?" I asked.

I heard him sighed. "Hindi ito si Cassie, Nicholai. Si Felix 'to. Nasaan ka!? Lasing ka na!"

I didn't answer back and turned off my phone. My girlfriend was not answering my calls so I have to go to her house.

Maybe I was drunk, but I didn't care. I wanted to forget all the bad things that happened. Cassie's mother died, their building got burned, I didn't pass my exam and now she's breaking up with me.

No. I wouldn't allow Cassie to break up with me. I need her. Not now, please.

From the resto bar where I first saw her drunk four years ago, I drove all the way to her house. It's raining heavily but I wanted to go to her and begged her to stay with me.

"Nicholai! Anong ginagawa mo dito!? Umuulan! Gusto mong matamaan ng kidlat!?" She shouted at me.

"Cassie, please.... let's talk. I can't take it anymore. Please, babe..." I begged at her.

I couldn't remember what happened next but the last time I saw was that she was changing my clothes. I was so wet because of the rain.

I slept and dreamed about something. It was a really nice dream.

*****

"ARE YOU SURE you don't want to join with us, bro?"

Felix asked as I fixed myself in the mirror here in my room. Nasa likod ko siya. I will go to St. Matthew Academy today with dad to enroll myself for Senior High. I told him last night through call and he immediately went here very early in the morning to asked me again because we will go to seperate schools.

"Yah and you can't change my mind," I answered. St. Matthew was the best choice for me. Dad and Mom were also alumni members there and they said that it's a great school. I also did some research and I learned that a lot of successful individuals once studied there.

"Pero sa Montalex ka pa rin naman magco-college diba?" he asked again. This cousin of mine really didn't want us to be separated, huh? I already agreed to study with him in Montalex when we were in elementary and junior high and now it's the time for us to be apart.

"Yes and why you're acting so weird? As if we will not see each other again. You have Jairus and Aki with you." l said and rolled my eyes on him. He continued being dramatic.

We arrived just on time. There were lots of students at the gate, falling in line. It's actually not my first time here but I felt so excited to know that I'm going to study in this school.

"I can feel your excitement, son. I actually have a lots of memories in this school..." Dad said while looking around in the campus, remembering some of his memories here. "This is where your mom and I first met,"  he continued and I nodded. If l talk to him, he will just tell me again his and mom's 'highschool love story' .

I'm really thankful that mom was not here right now or else l would witness again their cheesiness and never ending saga of fighting who fell in love first. Ever since l was born, I saw that.