Epilogue

Epilogue

After Six Years...

"Daddy, are you ready?" My daughter asked. We were in my room, here in my condo. I was combing her hair because she wanted me to do it.

"Yes, baby. Daddy is ready." I replied. I'm the one who's taking care of our daughter right now.

"Is this okay,baby? Until now I'm still learning how to fix your hair. You might not look good later if you let me do this."

She giggled. My daughter really looks like me but I could say that she got her sweet personality from her mother. Everytime she laughs or smile, she resembles her mother so much.

They're both beautiful and cute.

"No, daddy. Okay lang kahit hindi masyadong maayos ang buhok ko, maganda parin naman ako," she replied.

I told her to sit down and wait for me. I stared at myself in the mirror to see how I look. I was wearing a grey suit that Cassandra designed and made for me while our daughter was also wearing a dress that made by her.

When everything was settled down, we left the condo and went straight to the parking lot to get my car.

"Daddy, dederetso na po ba tayo kay mommy?" My daughter asked.

"No baby. We will buy flowers for her first," I told her and started driving.

We stopped by in a near flower shop. We bought a bouquet for Cassandra.  I am sure that she will love this.

"Daddy, do you love mommy?"

I furrowed when she asked that. "Of course, I do. Why are you asking that kind of question,hmm?"

"Because dy, I want to find a man like you too!" She answered.

I arched my brow. Why she is already talking about that? She's only 10!

"Blairelle... your still too young for that. You promised right? No boyfriends until college," I seriously said.

She chuckled. "No dad! What I'm talking about is when I grow up! Not now of course! I will keep my promise."

I felt relieved. Time flies so fast and it's been six years since the first time that we saw each other but until now I am still making up for the years that we were apart and I wasn't able to take care of her. So, I don't want her to grow up yet and have a boyfriend.

"So, dad....tell me! While you were still working abroad, did you miss her too?" She asked again.

We didn't tell her the real reason why it took four years before we met. Maybe soon... if she can already clearly understand. Ang alam parin niya, nagtrabaho ako sa malayong lugar at nag-away kami ng mommy niya kaya hindi kami nagkita kaagad.

"Walang araw na di ko siya inisip..." I answered. "I love your mom so much, Blaire. I did everything just to be with you...If you only knew..." I trailed off.

If she only knew...how I went crazy and broken when I found out that her mom left. If she only knew...how desperate I am just to find her and be with her again...

*****

"Congratulations!" Mom and dad greeted me as soon as I went out of the conference hall. It was our oath-taking ceremony today and I delivered an inspirational speech because I was the batch top 1. After our break up, I flew to London as per my mom's advice, and I attended some review classes there to prepare myself for another board exam. I don't want to fail my family and Cassandra this time.