Chapter 3: Aspen

"They laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they're all the same."

For the love of the moon let this not be a disaster.

I hear snickering in front of me.

Damn it! I done it again.

We walk down the hall passing the Beta that just came out his office and towards the living room. The smell of the ocean is full force once again and I do not understand why. When we make it to the main living room, I am greeted with all four children, the man who I now know as Dimitri and three unknown people. Dimitri is already looking deep into my soul. I shift on my feet feeling completely uncomfortable with his stare.

"Children this is Aspen and she's going to be doing a trail." Aphrodite says getting everyone's attention.

"Aspen these four are who you would be the nanny to. And these four here well you met this one. Well actually you only seen him. That is Dimitri. To his left is the young man's soon to be Beta Luke and their soon to be both Gammas Landyn and Sebastian." Thanos adds.

"Dude!" Landyn says.

"That's the girl you were talking about?" Luke asks in a whisper.

"She's hot!" Sebastian says in a low voice. I am startled when I hear a hellacious growl coming from Dimitri. Which makes all three guys throw their hands up in surrender.

What the hell is his problem?

Please tell me I didn't say that out loud.

"I just love her!" Aphrodite says.

Shit!! I did.

I cover my mouth and have my famous saucer eyes back on display.

"That's quite a vocabulary she has!" Sebastian says while he laughs.

There is no way I said that aloud. No fricking way.

"Good luck because I like you." Aphrodite whispers in my ear when she walks by me.

"Children! She is your guardian for the next two hours. Mind her!" Thanos says in a low deadly voice.

"So, who wants to play hide and seek?" I ask nervously.

"I do!!" Three children yell out while one just shakes her head yes.

She must be Shiloh.

"Do you know sign language?" I ask her. She shakes her head yes and looks down towards the ground.

"Would you prefer we communicate in sign language instead?" I ask while squatting in front of Shiloh. She shakes her head yes again as she smiles brightly.

Hi Shiloh. My names Aspen. But most people call me Brielle or Asp. You can call me which ever one you want.

Hi, I am Shiloh, but my family calls me Shy.

Shy? How about I give you your own special nickname. How about Shy Bug?

Shy Bug! I like it!

Shy Bug it is then! Ready to play?

Yes!!

I will count to 30 and you all hide. Okay?

Shy Bug nods her head yes frantically.

"Okay guys, lady, and Shy Bug. I will count to thirty and you all will go hide." I say looking at the children.

"What's base?" Dovelin asks.

"How about the couch." I say unsure of the answer. The children nod their heads in agreement.