Chapter 23

"You can't go back and change the beginning but you can start where you are now and change the ending."

It's been an awkward and weird week. I finally started to eat with the family again. I still don't speak to Paxton or Dimitri and in return they don't speak to me. You can tell they want to by the looks in their eyes. Except I would turn my sight away from them or I would walk to the furthest area in the room. I would have a conversation with everyone except those two.

Today I promised the children a dance party and a fort. We done our fort from the couch to the table. I put on a marvel movie and we all 5 watched the movie under the comfort of our fort. Once the movie is over, I quickly turn it off and fold the blankets back up. I pressed play on the radio and Cupid shuffle started to play. We all start to dance and sing. I take Shiloh and spin her around. Once the song is over, we hear laughs and claps. Turning around, I saw everyone. I mean everyone... My face went as red as a cherry.

"Nice dance moves Brielle." Hendrix says walking by elbowing me.

"She's got mad skills, don't she?" Orion jokes. As he is walking by ruffles my hair.

"Brielle you may take the rest of the afternoon off." Thanos says. I give him a puzzled look, but my confusion is answered when Aphrodite walked by me.

You need rest for tonight love.

She signed with her hands in front of her as she walked by me.

"Thank you." I called back to Aphrodite and Thanos.

I turn to walk to the stairs when I hear Dimitri and Paxton call out to me. I, however, didn't stop for them nor did I acknowledge them. I make it to my room and fall asleep quickly. I wake up Hendrix poking my cheek.

"Rise and shine, sunshine. It's time for Aphrodite and you head to the woods. Orion, Thanos, and I will be there shortly after you two." He says proceeds to kisses me cheek. As soon as my feet touched the floor he quickly turns around.

"Wear something you don't mind getting shredded. If someone would have told me that my first time shifting. I wouldn't have shredded my favorite outfit." He says with a humorous chuckle. Taking is advice into consideration, I opted for my tank top I always paint in and some basketball shorts. I didn't throw on any shoes because what is the point? I make my way down the stairs and find Aphrodite waiting by the back door. We walk hand and hand towards the woods. I decided on doing my first shift in the flower bed that I first learned how to heal. If I die, I'll die somewhere that is beautiful. We make it to the flowers and Aphrodite stops me from walking any further.

"I will try my best to make the shift hurt less. Hendrix and Orion will also be here to help with it. We'll cast our spell and do our best. I pray to the moon goddess above that our magic is enough to ease as much pain off of you that your body can handle this shift. I want you to live Aspen Brielle and I will use as much magic as I can weld to keep you safe, child." She gives her heartfelt speech and give my arm a gently squeeze. "You shift will hurt. Your bones will break and rearrange. It can take up to hours to fully shift. The first shift is always the hardest. But I have faith in you love. You can do this." She says with a smile. I sit on the ground surrounded by all the flowers. This place is so peaceful. That was until I heard two very distinct furious growls....

*Meanwhile at the castle*

*3rd POV*

Hendrix, Orion, and Thanos begin to run out the door when they were stopped.

"Where are you three going?" Paxton says.

"If you would get your head out your own ass; you would know Aspen's about to do her first shift. She needs us there." Hendrix yells out while running for the woods.