Chapter 18: Dimitri

"If you make decisions based upon people's reactions or judgements then you make really boring choices."

(When they get to the castle moments after she left.)

Her summer hibiscus scent is recent. She's been here. I don't feel her here, but it doesn't stop me from searching. I run to her room while hearing Aphrodite and Thanos yelling after me. I don't give two fucks what they have to say. I need my mate and I need her now. I notice in her room some things have are missing.

She's on the run.

I swear she has vampire in her. Her speed was quicker than me. Hell, she was quicker than fucking Bolt! She was even quicker than Orion who was in his vampire state. I've missed her by a few minutes, I can tell by her lingering scent. I walk towards my room, wishing and hoping I would find her in my bed building a blanket fork like she does with my brothers and the children. I open my door and her scent hits me full force. Almost knocking the air out my body. She was in here. I notice something on my bed, obviously it isn't her. I realize it's the dress she wore to her interview.

To calm your wolf down.

Her note reads. She's correct her scent has calmed him down some but not completely. I glance up and see my closet door is open. Glancing around I see she has taken my favorite tee shirt. Our scents must soothe her as well....

Interesting...

I hear shouting and screaming from down the hall. I hurry into the hall and spot my brothers each holding an article of clothing of hers.

"She took my blanket!"

"She stole me hoodie."

"She took my sweatshirt."

"Yeah, she ran off with my shirt."

Our conversations over what she took is broken up my aunt Aphrodite's voice.

"Guys! Come down here."

We rush down the stairs. I am too much of a rush, when I get to the second floor I jump over the banister.

"Letters addressed to each of you."

I grab mine and begin to read it out loud.

Dimitri,
The once cold-hearted man who haunted my nights. I am sorry I took off, but I promise I will return. I need to keep everyone safe so please forgive me. Stay strong and don't go astray. I love you with every fiber of my being.

Xoxo Brielle.

I reread the letter over and over again in my head. Paxton begins to read his letter.

Paxton,
My witty Pax. I shall return but please keep your witty personality. Don't do anything stupid like I know Dimitri will. Keep your head straight. I'll see you sooner than later. I love you with all of my soul. Stay safe.

Xoxo Brielle.

Paxton has tears. He never has tears. He never sheds tears! Hendrix begins to read his out loud.

Hendrix,
Hey, my handsomely sweet mate. This isn't a goodbye but see you later. I will return so please keep Dimitri in line. I need you all in one piece when I return.

Xoxo Brielle.

Hendrix has this sorrow look in his eyes. He smiles but it's not a smile that quite reaches his eyes. Orion follows suite and reads his out loud.

Orion,
This isn't how it was supposed to be. But keep an eye on the guys for me. And keep that panty dropping smile. Never lose that shine of yours. I'll see you soon.