Chapter 31

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

That night for hours I just wrestled in the ring with Hendrix, boxed with Paxton, learned new techniques with Orion, and Jiu Jitsu with Dimitri. When I woke up I was.. Lets be honest.. Sore.

Today will be my last day out and about with everyone because tonight I plan on going into the cells. Do I really like the idea of being locked up in the cells? No, not quite. But I'm doing this for Dimitri. For my mates. For me. I know it will be lonely down there. Today, I decided I was going to enjoy the Sun. So, I'm going lay by the pool. I pull my curly hair into my usual messy bun and put a baggy tee shirt over my bikini. I slip into my flip flops on and snatch the book off my bedside table. As I am going down the hall I run into Paxton coming out of his room. He has his signature smirk on his face which makes me want to smack it off his head. Rolling my eyes I try to go around him. This doesn't work in my favorite because he blocks my exit and has my back into the wall. His closeness has me flustered and I can't even form any words.

Hasn't he ever heard of personal space? Like mate get out of my bubble.

"Where you off to?" Paxton asks with his perfectly shaped eyebrow raised.

"The pool. May I get by?" I answer with a puzzled look.

He kissed my nose. My bloody nose. My mouth is hangs open. I swear my jaw looks broken. Paxton's contagious laugh feels the hall and he steps away from me. He walks down the hall like he didn't just corner his prey. I snap out of my shock and start to head towards my destination of choice. When I round the corner into the living room I'm yet again in the sights of two of my mates...

Dimitri and Orion.

When they notice me, they quit their low talking. This makes me uncomfortable and I begin to shift on my feet.

"Where you..." Orion begins to ask.

"To the pool." I answer cutting him off.

I take my cue and exit stage right. As I make it to the entrance way into the dining room. I'm stopped in my tracks because something hit me in my ass. I turn around to see an half eaten apple behind me on the floor. Orion is laughing so hard he has tears falling from his eyes. Dimitri is just whistling away while looking around the room like he has not any clue of what just happened. I take the half eaten apple and throw it right at Dimitri's chest. This causes Orion to laugh even harder. I turn back around and walk back towards my pleasant destination. I make it to the back porch to see Hendrix talking to Luke, Dixon, Sebastian, and Landyn. I heard a low rumble growl.

"Please tell me you have shorts under that shirt!" Hendrix grumbles. The four other guys are now turned away from looking at me. Not wanting to feel the wrath of a deadly Hendrix.

"Why would I need shorts on?" I asked him.

"Inside! Put some damn shorts on!" Hendrix growls out.

"I don't need shorts on mate!" I retort. The outside lounge decorative pillow hits me on the face. I let out a low growl. How dare he throw a pillow at me! I pick the pillow up and throw it just as hard into Hendrix's chest.

"I don't need shorts on at the pool!" I whine.

"You better keep your shirt on." Hendrix complains.
I shrug my shoulders at my sulking mate.

"We'll see." I sass back.

I run down the stairs and hop onto my lounge chair. I pull my shirt off and begin to read. I hear four ferocious growls from the deck. Shaking my head at my over bearing mates I continue to read.