Chapter 32

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

We finally had our dinner and had many laughs. This evening has actually turned-out perfect considering where I will be in the few hours. I walk with my men towards the castle. Dimitri is in the front of me while Orion is in the back, behind us. I have Hendrix and Paxton by my side. One glance at us, you would think they were my bodyguards. Once we enter the castle the children are already put into the safe room, along with our pack's children, teens without wolves, women who aren't fighters, women who are pregnant, and our elderly. Some of our highly trained fighters are also locked in the safe room. Their duty is to protect this group at all costs. Thanos and Aphrodite are talking to the warriors. Luke, Sebatian, Dixon, and Landyn are talking with a few of the higher ranked wolves. Once everyone notices we have arrived, their chatter has stopped.

"Are you sure you don't want to be out.... There?" Luke asks.

"I'm sure. It's the best for all five of us. I mean with me out there, my mates will just be on a constant worry. The constant need to protect me. We don't need a repeat of the previous king and queen. Now, do we?" I begin to explain myself. Hendrix and Paxton give my hands a squeeze. This gives me all the more courage to continue my clarification.
"Moreover, it isn't just the future kings being distracted but more or less the higher ranks will need... No, not need. It's in their nature to protect the future queen or queen. Just like the warriors will want to be around me. You will already be worried about the current queen, Aphrodite. You don't need more on your plates. The more you have to protect... Watch... Guard... The more that is added to your plate, the easier the enemy could possibly take you down. I need you guys focused on fighting, not looking over your shoulders making sure I still have my head on mine. I prefer to stay in these castle walls. I made a promise to a so demanding mate of mine, and I very well intend to keep it. If you guys will excuse me, I am going to take a quick shower and change into some.... Well, proper clothing. I will be back before we talk strategy and how to go about everything. So, with further ado I will take my leave. I swear, I will be back in thirty minutes. I promise." I finish my heartfelt reason.

I drop my mates' hands and head towards the stairs. As I am walking by everyone in the room, they all have their heads bowed. Once I have passed them, they begin to rise back up. I dart for my shower; I need to get this make-up off my face and get this mane back in control again. Before I even make it to my hall, I stop at Dimitri's room and walk into his closet. I pull out a wine-red hoodie. I walk to Paxton's room and rummage through his drawers. I found what I was looking for...... His black joggers. I walk into Orion's room and glide into his closet. I pull a white tee shirt from the hanger and stroll back out his room. I finally make it to my room and turn my shower on Satan's ball sack hot.... I walk to my drawer and pull out my undergarments. I strip my clothes off and walk into my shower. My hair do is now a drenched poodle. My face looks like a drowned raccoon. Once I have successfully gotten all the plastered fake shit off my face and my hair is fully cleaned. I do the most common thing... Jump out the shower, of course! I dry my body and hair and rapidly throw my clothes on. Well, technically my mates' clothes on. I toss my damp hair into a messy yet curly bun. I throw on my vans and begin my trek down to the big office with my duffel bag and Hendrix's blanket over my shoulders. I make it to the really gigantic office that can hold up to hundreds and hundreds of bodies. I gently knock on the door and the guard at the door opens the door and lets me in. My 4 mates, their Beta, Delta, Gammas, Aphrodite, Thantos, their Beta, Delta, and Gamma were at the head of the table. They were all looking and pointing at locations on the territory map. I glide in between the body and all 13 heads look up at me.

"You owe me 20 bucks!" Luke's voice rang out.

"How did you know she would steal their shit dude." Sebastain whines.