Chapter 15

"What is meant to be will always find its way."

We headed back inside the castle hand in hand. I have my head rested against his side.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful tonight?" Dimitri says.

"Have I told you that you look eye catching?" I reply. This makes us both chuckle. When we enter the ball room all eyes are on us. People are watching us laughing and staring at our laced hands. This makes us stop laughing all together.

"Do you think they figured out that I am your mate?" I whisper to him.

"I.... Yes, I believe so. Want to give them a show since they can't quit looking at us?" He asks.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask. Seeing the mischievous look sparkling in his eyes I know I am in for it. I see his family watching from their tables. We keep walking with our heads held high. Stay by Kid LAROI starts to play, and he is now running with me to the dance floor. He starts to do some weird dance moves and next thing you know we were in sync with each other. We start to do the sprinkler, the running man, roger rabbit, next we start to dab, the macarena, and ended the song looking a chicken trying to take flight. This has us in a fit of laughter. Tears are brimming my eyes from laughing so hard. He gently wipes the tears that have fallen. Our dancing and laughing has everyone's full attention and we can hear everyone's conversations.

"I haven't seen him laugh before."

"Is she his mate?"

"She isn't even beautiful."

"Isn't she human?"

"They look so in love."

"Did she melt his icy heart?"

"Who knew he could laugh or smile."

"God he is so fine."

"She is lucky!"

We head back to the tables hand in hand still laughing. Hendrix, Paxton, and Orion are mocking our crazy dancing skills as we get closer to the table. Their reenactment of our atrocious performance has our tables in a fit of more laughter. Thanos calms down first than Aphrodite. They head toward the stage.

"Attention everyone. I would like to make an announcement. The four Princes have found their mate. And in due time Aphrodite and I will be stepping down and passing the crowns on to them. Now can everyone give a round of applause to the Princes and the now Princess of Aurora Village?"

With his small speech they both walk down from the stage. I'm in shock and the guys have an unknown look in their eyes. Dimitri is the one with the most pissed off expression.

"Why would you do that?" Hendrix calls out.

"They'll come after Aspen!" Orion roars

"That is the point. Get her out of hiding so we can finish this once and for all." Thanos snaps back.

"She'll be in danger you bastard." Paxton yells.

"If anything, I mean anything happens to her. You might be my uncle. And you might currently be king, but I will fucking kill you with my bare hands." Dimitri seethes out. Dimitri has me pressed so close into his side. I swear we will become one! But that was the least of my worries because an explosion happened next. The explosion has everyone frantic except for the Royal Family. All four guys have shielded me. Six guards have taken the children to safety in the sound-proof sheltered room.

"Where is my daughter?" A voice calls out.

"Mom?" I say looking at an older version of myself but with lilac eyes.