Chapter 16

Elsas P.O.V

I was currently sitting on the roof of a hotel looking up at the stars while everyone else was sleeping behind me. I couldnt fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried. Ive already lost track of how long its been since I left home, or even since we started our adventure. What I do know is that its starting to get cooler at night, and soon we will need to find real shelter thats warm. I sighed and hugged my knees.

I jumped when i heard a noise next to me. "Sorry, I didnt mean to startle you." I calmed down and smiled. "Its okay, cant sleep?" He sighed and matched my position. "Not really. Apparently Hiccup has started snoring." I laughed slightly. "And I keep thinking about where we will go next, or whats the next step. Ive lost track of how long weve been on this journey, but its been fun, even though theres been some scares and hard times." I gently grabbed his hand making him look at me. "Honestly I feel the same way. We should start planning the next step. Were getting low on supplies, and we need to get some warmer clothes. With it starting to get cooler at night, we will need a warmer place to stay. Id say we could go see Gus, but its not safe. We will need to find another place." He nodded at me and looked up at the moon, then back at the others.

I had a feeling I knew what he was thinking before he spoke. "What if we split up? Hiccup and Merida could go back to see Gus for awhile, and we could start figuring out other places to stay. We stand out, alot. But they can easily blend in. I know theyll both hate the idea, but we can stay in touch with them by using our phones." I thought about it for a minute. "And I can send messages to Merida without the phone. It could work. We should wake them up, and all talk about this as a group." He nodded and helped me up, we turned around and walked over to our friends. I woke up Merida while he got Hiccup.

Once they were up, we sat together in a circle and started planning. "We have an idea-" I was cut off by Merida. "Dont you dare, you know we wont agree." I glared at her. "Its the best option right now, for all of us. You two will go see Gus, and stay with him. We will keep in touch, whether its with our phones or me sending messages. Its only for a short time. We will go and scout out other places to stay. Jack and I stand out too much, if all of us go to Gus, and either me or him are spotted then its game over." Hiccup started nodding. "Youre right, even though I hate this idea, you have a point. Merida, its a good idea to split up for awhile. And Gus can help us get extra supplies together, while you two figure out warmer clothing and places to stay."

He looked at Jack. "You better be safe, youre a brother to me, and I dont want to agree but I know you two are doing the right thing here." Jack hugged him and I hugged Merida. "Itll be okay, but you two need to go now. Travel during the night, its easier to hide. You should reach Gus's by morning. Just be safe, let me know when you get there." I hugged Hiccup as Jack hugged Merida. "Please be safe Elsa." I nodded in response. We let go, and waved goodbye as we went our separate ways. I started crying after they left, and Jack pulled me close. "Its okay Elsa, its the safest option right now. We will be with them again." I nodded, and after awhile we let go. I took his hand and we started to climb down from the roof, heading the opposite direction from Gus's.

~~~Timskip~~~

Eventually the sun rose above the horizon and we were on the opposite side of London. We started looking around different abandoned buildings trying to see what places were safe, and if they were empty. After awhile I turned into one of my animals forms, I became a small hawk and flew above Jacks head. He had put his hat on and pulled his hood up to hide his hair as more people started walking around outside. We were close to the edge of London and I saw a farm not far away. I quickly dived down, and flew infront of his face heading towards it. I glanced back and saw him running after me. I led the way and landed on a fence post waiting for him. Once he caught up I turned and looked at the old barn.