Chapter 17

Hiccups P.O.V

Merida and I made it to Gus's. I looked at her, she was still sniffling a bit. I hugged her and held her tight. "Its okay Mer, they'll be fine. You know that. I hated saying goodbye too, but this is the safest option right now. We will see them again." She nodded and let go after a few minutes. "I know Hiccup. Its just hard being apart from them. But it will be nice seeing Gus, its been a long time." I nodded and smiled at her. I took her hand in mine, and faced the door. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door.

After a minute or so I heard footsteps approaching from the other side, then the door opened. "Whos knocking at this hour?" He stopped when he saw us, and a huge smile appeared on his face. "Gus!" We quickly hugged him and he knealt down hugging us tight. "Hiccup! Merida! Oh my goodness, I wasnt expecting this!" We let go, and his smile went away as he looked around. "Wheres Jack and Elsa?" I glanced at Merida as she put her head down. "Oh no, dont tell me.." I quickly shook my head. "No, theyre okay Gus. We had to separate, its safer for all of us. They wouldve come too, but because they stand out so much, they knew it wouldnt be safe for any of us. But we are keeping in touch with eachother with our phones." He sighed and put a hand on his chest. "Oh my, I was scared for a moment there, Im glad theyre okay. Come on in, lets get you some warm food and set up your beds for you."

We both nodded and quickly followed him inside. We talked for about an hour about our adventures as we ate, then I helped Merida get her bed ready in our old room. "Thank you Gus, for helping us so much." He smiled and laughed. "Any time young ones, like I said youre always welcome here." I smiled and we said goodnight. I laid down and felt Merida curl up next me. I turned and hugged her before falling asleep.

~~~Timeskip~~~

I eventually woke up to a decent amount of noise from downstairs. I sat up a bit and realized that the diner was open now. I let myself fall back asleep, and enjoy having a soft bed that was nice and warm. I woke up again to Merida shaking me. "Hiccup, time to get up." I groaned but still listened and followed her downstairs. We ate lunch and started helping around the diner, I was doing dishes as Merida collected dirty dishes and cutlery, bringing them to me, and she was placing new cutlery out.

The waitresses and cook remembered us, and they were so happy to see us again. They havent mentioned Elsa or Jack, so I think Gus said something to them knowing Merida would get really upset about it. A few hours passed and the dinner rush ended. I sat down at one of the tables with Merida, when suddenly we heard the others start singing. "Welcome back, our lovely friends. Welcome back Miss Merida. Welcome back Mister Hiccup. We missed you, and were happy to see you again! Welcome back!" We smiled as they all walked over singing. Gus followed and he had a big smile on his face as he placed a gift bag infront of each of us. "We all missed you, and we worked together to put these gifts together. I hope you like them."

Merida giggling. "Thank you everyone!" She opened her gift and gasped. There was some history books about hand to hand combat, history of weapons, a bow that had her name carved into it, and a journal as well. "Thank you!" Everyone started laughing and smiling. I slowly opened my gift and my jaw dropped. There was a book about dragons, another book about the history of vikings, a small plush of a black dragon and a journal. "Wow, thank you so much!" I smiled at everyone. They started cheering and brought out some other gifts as well. "Now, its time for everyone elses gifts. They each got you both a gift." Merida recieved some new clothes, a dark green cloak, a dark green jacket, and some new boots. I opened mine and saw that i got some similar stuff, some new boots, a black jacket, a black cloak, and some new clothes too. We thanked everyone, then took our new gifts upstairs to our room.

After awhile we heard a knock. "Hey you two, I got another gift for you both." We looked at eachother confused, then left to see what Gus had. "Here Merida." He handed her a new scarf. "And for you Hiccup." He handed me a new hat, this time a toque. "Thank you Gus." He smiled. "Well, with it getting cooler out I figured itd be best you have something warm. I do have stuff for Jack and Elsa too, but they will recieve theirs either when they come here, or you will take it with you when you meet them again." I nodded. "Okay, thank you again Gus. Youve always been so kind to us, and we cant thank you enough." He laughed. "Just you being here is enough, you little ones are very special to me, and so are Jack and Elsa. I know you miss them, I do too. But dont worry, it might seem like forever, but you will be with them again, and it will come sooner then you think." I hugged him, and so did Merida. "Thank you." He sighed. "No, Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope y'all enjoyed! I know its really all over the place, some things are rushed through, but Im working on staying on track with this story, instead of going too far from the plot line.

have a good night / day

peace ✌️