Chapter 18

Snows P.O.V
(plot twist)

over the past six months I have seen so many children get adopted or fostered. Im so happy for all those kids. We were at a place where we couldnt keep taking in children, and now so many have been helped and found good families who care about them. I know Gothel isnt too keen on it, shes been trying for so long to take over my orphanage, and I know the children fear her. I wish i could get rid of her, but I dont have anybody else to help me run it. Unless.

I put my hand on my chin and thought as I watched out my office window seeing the children running around outside playing. I quickly grabbed my phone and a made a phone call.

"Hello?"
"Hey! I was wondering if you could do something for me?"
"What did you need?"
"Would you like to help me run the orphanage?"
"I... Wait, what? You want me to help you? What about Gothel?"
I giggled.
"I will handle that. its a yes or a no, you already spend most of your time here, so why not full time?"
"Hmm you have my attention."
"All we have to do is get you here everyday, to the point you almost live here, then I can work on getting her out."
"Um, Okay. Im in. When do I start?"
I smiled and turned away from the window.
"Right now."
"On my way."

I ended the call and laughed slightly. Finally I can get rid of Gothel, and she will no longer torment my children.

~~~Timeskip~~~

I heard loud banging on my door. "Come in." I rolled my eyes as I listened to her heels click on the floor. "Yes Gothel?" She put her hands on her hips and glared. "The cops are here, again." I stopped what i was doing and looked up at her. "Okay, send them in." She huffed and stormed out, not long after an officer walked in, He shut the door in her face, making me giggle as she stormed off down the hall. "Ready?" He smiled and nodded. "Okay, you know majority of the kids well, go around and interact with them. Get them to trust you and feel safe with you. Thats step one." He smiled and nodded walking out of the room.

I opened one of the drawers on my desk and pulled out a news paper. The front page was all about my orphanage, and how many kids have been adopted. I looked around, seeing nobody peaking into my office, I grabbed my wand and flicked it shutting all the blinds tightly and locking the door. I tapped my newspaper with my wand, and watched it come to life. "Daily Profit. Urgent News : Famed Auror Agnar has gone missing! Just 6 months after losing their daughter, Iduna has now also lost her husband. If anyone has any information about this, please report it to the ministry. We are working hard to bring him home." I sighed and shook my head.

I looked over at my book shelf and summoned a picture frame off it. I smiled slightly at the photo. "Oh Iduna, Im so sorry to hear about what happened. I miss you greatly." I put the frame down and stood up walking over to the fire place. I grabbed some powder, and grabbed the letter i wrote a few days ago. I took a deep breath. "Arens estate." I threw the powder down and a fire roared to life, it was bright green. I threw the letter into the fire watching it vanish from existence, then the fire went out. "I hope you see my letter." I startled when I heard knocking at my door. I waved my wand, and watched as the picture frame went back to the shelf, the news paper changed back to normal, the fireplace was cleaned, the blinds opened up and the window opened. I quickly sat down, then flicked my wand to unlock the door.

"Come in!" I looked up and smiled when I saw the group of people coming in. "Ah Mister and Misses Frost, and Mister and Misses Haddock. Its lovely to see you all! How are the children doing?" They looked at eachother and didnt say anything in response. "Come in, take a seat." Once they all sat down I flicked my wand and shut the door, locking it, along with the windows. I closed the blinds and set a silencing charm. "Whats the problem?" Mrs.Frost spoke up. "I see you werent kidding about your talents Miss White. We have nothing to report about the kids. We havent seen them in person for the past 6 months." I froze. My eyes went wide and I stared at them, then shook my head. "Wait, the children havent been with you in 6 months?" They all nodded. Then I realized it. "Wait, that makes sense."

I saw the confusion on their faces, and I grabbed the news paper putting it on the desk where they could see it. "The past 6 months we have had an increase in fosters and adoptions, lining up to the last time you saw the children. Before that it was only a slight increase. We used to almost be at a point where we couldnt take anymore children in due to having no room, now we are at half capacity. I have had children be fostered or adopted nearly every single day, and because of that we have been able to take in more. I only have one problem, but thanks to the officers I will be removing that problem." They all nodded then Lilyan spoke up. "Can I help you Snow?" I paused and turned to her smiling. "I dont see why not." Jamie started nodding in agreement. "Me too!" Then Stoick and Valka began nodding in agreement. "How would you like to help?" They glanced at eachother and smiled. "We would like to foster some of the kids."

I smiled and reached into one of the other drawers of my desk. I pulled out two folders and placed one infront of each couple. "I had a feeling youd want to foster some of the kids, so I compiled a list for each of you that has different children who I believed would be perfect." They opened the folders, and silently started to pick which ones they would like to take in. After awhile they placed the folders down, then Lilyan and Valka placed two small stacks of papers infront of me. "We would like to foster these children if possible." I smiled and took the two stacks going through both. I took out about half the stack and put it in the folder. "Sadly i have to limit how many you foster." they nodded in understanding. "But i believe we can start the process now! Heres the forms for you all to sign, once thats done we will call the children in and do the introductions." They nodded smiling and started filling out the forms.

'To new beginnings.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey yall! sorry for taking so long with updates! i'm trying to get them out when i have time.

hope yall enjoyed! leave a comment if you'd like, whether it's plot line, ideas for the story, or mess ups ive made. don't matter.

have a good night/day