the illusion.

"MINGI!"

Hongjoong tumbled over to where Mingi laid still, passed out on the cold concrete floor. The rest of us stayed seated as Hongjoong stupidly shook him, trying to get him awake.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "You don't know what you're doing, Hongjoong. Let me help," I said, walking over to the two. Hongjoong looked back at me with widened eyes, "Yeosang, you're not helping, you're injured," he pointed out, motioning his eyes towards my stitched up forearm. I scoffed and squatted down next to Mingi, lightly shoving him with my right shoulder.

"You back the fuck away from him, Yeosang," San said from behind me, practically snarling at me. Ignoring San, I started checking for Mingi's pulse with the hope it was just a silly faint and not anything serious.

Based on his condition at that moment? I couldn't take any chances.

The sound of boots came walking behind me, and hands pulled me up, trying to stop me from helping Mingi. I kicked the back of their legs, but they only pulled me further back.

"Get the fuck off me!" I yelled, struggling to get out of their grasp. They grunted as they dragged me up to the couch and threw me on a cushion. "You heard San, get away from him," Wooyoung said, with the color red reflecting in his eyes. I could only stare back at him as my body heated with rage, my mouth ready to retaliate, but something made me hesitate. There was something about Wooyoung's gaze, for the first time, that made me fear him. Like he'd pulled out a gun and shoot me if I moved.

So, I stayed, not daring to move an inch as he retreated back to his seat. I watched as San tapped Mingi on his shoulder and brushed the hair out of his eyes to try to wake the boy up. Everyone watched the scene, holding their breaths for so long they could've passed out, but Jongho wasn't interested.

He looked out one of the windows, softly humming a tune of a song with a sparkle in his eyes. The smile on his face gave me an idea of how much he cared about Mingi's situation. A grunt came from the right of me, and I looked that way.

Mingi was awake.

He rubbed his head as Hongjoong and San helped him sit up, and the others rushed over to him. I instead walked over slowly, trying to remain calm as Wooyoung eyed me down.

Seonghwa was the first to hug Mingi, embracing him as tight as he could. Mingi only let his arms hang to the side, his expression reading like a robot trying to recalculate its own program.

Seonghwa pulled away and rubbed Mingi's shoulders, comforting him the best way he could. Mingi looked back at him, and his eyes widened even further. "Yunho..." he mumbled out, his breathing starting to pick up pace.

"What?" Seonghwa questioned, holding Mingi still as his body started to shake. His body trembled as he pushed Seonghwa off him, standing up and pacing around the room.

Hongjoong walked over to him, reaching his hand toward Mingi, but he quickly turned around and slapped it back. He moved back and forth until he sat on the couch, bouncing his leg up and down. Wooyoung sat beside him and stared with worried eyes, "What's wrong, Mingi?"

Mingi's leg bounced even more, and as he slapped his leg, blurted out, "Yunho's still alive!"

The room went completely silent, so quiet Jongho even turned around to look at the mess that was quickly unfolding. Mingi practically jumped up and down as he muttered incoherent words, trying to explain whatever thoughts were going through his head.

Seonghwa and San looked back at each other and scratched their heads. "Mingi..." Seonghwa started, crouching down to Mingi's level, "Yunho's still dead."

Mingi looked right into his eyes with disgust, "How would you know that?" He scoffed and turned to face me. "Yeosang, you believe me, right?"

I looked around the room as Mingi stared at my confused expression. "Please, you know I'm right," the boy pleaded with teary eyes. I sighed and looked right into his eyes.

"He's actually gone, Mingi... He's dead."

His lips started to quiver as tears from his eyes finally fell. His hand clammed into a ball, and he stood up in rage, "You're all fucking wrong!!" He shouted, "I saw him! He's alive!"

The rest of us were in complete shock, moving backward away from Mingi as he kept pointing fingers and yelling. Jongho, though, laughed as he walked forward to us.

"Oh, Mingi, I never thought you'd get even stupider after that fall..."

Veins started to pop out of Mingi's forehead as he charged toward Jongho, throwing him to the ground. Jongho groaned as his body hit the floor, putting his hand near his back.

He scoffed at Mingi, "See? I knew those drugs you're doing would do something sooner or later."

Everyone turned to look at Mingi, and his face turned pale. With my voice filled with concern and confusion, I asked, 

"What drugs?"