the camera.

The room was shrouded in darkness, with only the dim glow of the bedside lamp casting a light. As I lay there, half-awake, I felt a shiver run down my spine as someone's breath brushed against my ear. Groggily, I turned my head to the left, where a hand gently tapped me, and a familiar voice whispered urgently,

"San, I really need to tell you something..."

I let out a groan, my eyes fluttering open to find a faint silhouette looming over me. It was Wooyoung, his presence a recurring annoyance in the dead of night.

"Wooyoung, why do you always choose the late hours to bother me?" I grumbled, my voice laced with sleep-induced irritation. Ignoring my question, he sighed heavily and grabbed my arm, coaxing me to sit up as he switched on the bedside lamp.

There was a certain urgency in his gaze as he locked eyes with me. "San, Mingi was secretly recording me," he revealed, his voice filled with a mix of frustration and confusion. I blinked back at him, my mind struggling to comprehend the gravity of his words.

Wooyoung let out a frustrated grunt, attempting to explain the bizarre sequence of events. "I went to his apartment yesterday morning to check on him, and guess what? His kitchen was on fire, and he didn't seem to care. I had to put it out, and he just started laughing. Who the fuck laughs at their own kitchen on fire?" He paused, taking a breath before continuing with growing agitation, "And then, when I was leaving, I noticed a camera pointed directly at me, recording. What the hell, San? Was he recording me? And what does he plan to do with that footage?"

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Why do you always come to me with your ramblings at the crack ass of dawn? Can't you wait until a reasonable hour when I'm actually able to comprehend things?" I grumbled, throwing off my blanket and rising from the bed. Ignoring Wooyoung's protests, I walked out of the room, his frustrated footsteps trailing behind me.

I could hear him grunt and paddle his feet towards me, "Listen to me San! I'm being serious!" He continued to trail me as I made my way to the kitchen, his huffs of annoyance echoing in the air. With a slight smile tugging at the corners of his lips, Wooyoung jumped onto the counter, observing my every move. Ignoring his presence was no longer an option, as he resorted to pushing my shoulders to capture my attention.

Exhaling a sigh, I turned to face him, watching as the coffee machine dripped liquid into my waiting mug. "Wooyoung," I began, my voice calmer now, "you need to explain this to me more calmly."

He pouted slightly, his gaze fixed on his fidgeting thumbs. "San, Mingi was recording me in his apartment," he repeated, a plea hidden within his words. I stood there, at a loss for words, trying to process why Mingi would secretly record Wooyoung. The very idea felt unsettling and strange.

I couldn't comprehend exactly why Mingi was recording Wooyoung, unless he has the same idea as us? But then again, recording someone secretly is very weird. 

Wooyoung's eyes searched mine, a mix of curiosity and vulnerability in his expression, like one of a sad puppy. "Please, San," he implored softly, his voice filled with a hint of desperation. It was as if he wanted me to empathize with him, and in truth, I did. A pang of guilt stirred within me as I saw his face brighten, sensing the compassion I felt.

"We'll go through the files we have now, Wooyoung," I assured him, my voice laced with determination. "There's always a possibility that we've misunderstood something. We'll figure it out together."