Chapter 13

"There are all kinds of ways for a relationship to be tested, even broken, some, irrevocably; it's the endings we're unprepared for."

My mind is still swarming trying to process I'm part witch. After some ancestry research I come from a line of powerful witches. Which is insane. Aspen Brielle Gonzales a witch. Today Aphrodite is going to teach me how to bring a dying flower back to life. We're deep in the woods where he can't see me learning such a thing.

"You know Dimitri is more witch than his brothers. He could teach you more you know?" Aphrodite says.

"What do you mean they're tribrids. So, they're equal parts. Aren't they?" I ask.

"Well technically speaking yes. But Dimitri is more witch than vampire and werewolf. His witch side is the strongest. Hence his Amethyst eye color." She spoke.

"If his witch side is more powerful than what about the others?" I ask.

"Hendrix is more werewolf than vampire and witch. Meaning his werewolf genes are the strongest. Which is why his eyes are Emerald." She responds.

"Oh, but Paxton's eyes are Sapphire?" I say confused.

"Paxton doesn't have a stronger gene. His witch, vampire, and werewolf are equal parts. Which is why his eyes look normal. Unless he's pissed." She says while chuckling.

"Orion, their brother, whom you haven't met yet. His eyes are ruby." She says with her eyebrow raised like she is testing me.

"So, Orion's vampire gene is stronger than his werewolf and witch gene?!" I answer sort of confidentially.

"Yes. You're catching on quite quickly!" She says clapping her hands.

"Okay, this flower is near death so we're going to practice on this flower bed." She says while pointing.
I look up to notice a beautiful flower bed in the center of their woods. It might be dying but it's still nonetheless beautiful in its own dark way.

"Palms down. Hover over the flower. And think of something positive. Something that makes you happy." She instructed. I do as I am instructed.

"Next repeat after me. But make sure you're thinking of something that makes you happy. Or it'll backfire." She explains. I nod my head and listen to her speak a different language.

"Per terram et aerem. per ignem et aquam audietis vocationem meam potentiae nativitatis et regenerationis potentiae silentii et pacis sana hoc flore." She speaks in a foreign language. I watch as her flower that was near death has begun to come back to life.

"You're turn!" She says. I think I have my happiness, so I chant the spell she said.

"Per terram et aerem. per ignem et aquam audietis vocationem meam potentiae nativitatis et regenerationis potentiae silentii et pacis sana hoc flore." I say. I watch the flower catch fire.

"Oh shit." I squeal.

"Happy thoughts. What did you think of?" She laughs out.

"The flower is the color of Dimitri's eyes, so I thought..." I trailed off.

"Obviously it wasn't a happy thought." She chuckled.

"Try again." She commands.

So my thoughts turn to Paxton's smile and Hendrix's gentle touch. And I chant the same spell again. When I look down I notice my flower has came back to life quicker than Aphrodite's flower.