5. Monday Night Plans

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

I knock on the door five times, and stand patiently in front of Olivia and Luella's apartment door.

I hear shuffling on the other side of the door, and a moment later, the door is being opened by Luella. And, fuck, she looks breathtaking in a black three-quarter sleeve skater dress that showcases her long legs. She pairs the dress perfectly with red ballet flats.

That woman always looks so effortlessly gorgeous.

I'm here to pick up Olivia and her girlfriend, Sonya. But, I was hoping I'd get to see Luella tonight, for even just a few minutes. Thankfully I caught her before she left the house.

When I was making plans to go to a baseball game tonight, with Olivia and Sonya, I asked Olivia if her sister would be free to take the spare ticket. Unfortunately, Olivia informed me that Luella already had plans.

Not even Olivia knows this, but I've been in love with Luella since I was a freshman and she was a junior in high school. I'd known Olivia and Luella since I was six years-old, when my family had moved into the house across the street from their family home. It wasn't until my freshman year of high school, when I saw Luella in a different light. Olivia and I were so nervous about entering high school, and Luella knew it. Instead of acting above us, she always made sure to say hi to us around campus. She had our backs in high school and made sure she introduced us to her friends, who all made us feel welcomed and part of their circle of friends.

Her caring nature and the fact that she looked out for me meant a lot back then. But, not only that- I've never met anyone as beautiful and captivating as Luella. No other girl has ever compared to her, not even to this day.

But, whenever I'd be over their family's home to hang out with Olivia, I'd always hear Luella talking to her friends about how she'd reject a guy or how she never wants to be in a committed relationship. There was one guy in high school that was lucky enough to be with her, but I think after that ended, she hated the idea of settling down with anyone even more so.

Sometimes, I wish she'd notice me and that I'd be the person she realizes she could commit to, but that just seems like only a pipe dream.

In Luella's eyes, I'll only ever be her little sister's best friend who she's close and friendly with but nothing more.

"Hey, Kookie, come in," Luella greets me and steps off to the side. I'll never get sick of her calling me by that nickname. I don't even let Olivia call me that. Just Luella.

I don't know why I still get slightly nervous when I'm in her presence. Maybe, because she's just so perfect in my eyes.

I rub the back of my neck, awkwardly, then I enter the apartment.

"Thanks, Luella," I simply say as I continue to walk. I stop after a few steps and turn to face Luella, who's currently closing the door. She turns around to face me, the two of us only a few feet apart. I'm trying my best not to ogle at her but her figure just looks so goddamn perfect in the little dress she has on.

"Lu, you look nice. Are you going out?" I question her, arching a brow as I await her reply.

"I am. I'm just going out to dinner with a friend. What about you? What are you, Sonya and my sister up to tonight?" She looks at me, genuinely looking interested to hear my answer.