16. More

Jimin's 1st Person POV

"You're seeing her again, tonight?" Evan asks me as he now stands outside of my cubicle. I had just finished giving him advice on something he's working on. Our whole crew has been diligently working on a game and I think we are all satisfied with the progress we're making. He had just invited me over to his place, tonight, where a couple of other coworkers will be there to watch the basketball game. But, I had just told him I had dinner plans with Luella.

"Yeah, I asked her out to dinner last night, but she said she was working the closing shift at her shop. So, we are meeting up after I'm off work later." I explain while I turn away from my computer screens and look over at him.

"Damn, this Luella seems to have really made an impression on you since you've been spending a lot of your free time with her. Don't get me wrong, because I think it's awesome, Man. But, you've always been the type to not settle ever since your ex. Just meaningless flings." He continues to stand in his spot, twirling his pen around his fingers.

"That's true. I don't know...I just like spending time with Luella. We have a lot in common and I just enjoy talking to her a lot. But, she has already made it clear that she's not looking for anything serious." My voice lowers with my last statement.

"No shit," Evan blurts out with his eyes widen, then he continues, "Have you two hooked up?"

"Yeah, and that's definitely another reason why I want to see her again," I honestly admit.

"So, is it just a friends with benefits type of situation?" He questions me while he arches a brow.

"I guess. Honestly, I could see her as more, but she's told me her stance and her view on relationships and she says it's not for her. But, it is what it is. Again, I just like spending time with her." I sigh after and lean back on my desk chair and throw my head back onto the headrest.

"Understandable. Anyway, you are coming to Paul's birthday thing tomorrow at Dave & Buster's,* right?" He inquires as he points his pen at me as if commanding me to answer.

"Planning on it. He asked me about it earlier when I bumped into him in the break room," I tell my colleague.

"Cool, seems like a lot of people will be there," Evan states, and before he could say more, another one of our coworkers comes up behind him.

"Hey, guys!" Margot greets us in an upbeat tone.

"Hey," I say in a welcoming tone, and Evan turns to face her.

"Hey, Margot! Are you going to Paul's birthday gathering tomorrow?" He sounds overly curious as he stares at her.

"I am! How about you guys?" She questions us, looking at Evan first, then she switches her gaze over to me.

"I'll be there," I simply answer while flashing a smile back her way, and she coyly smiles and bites her lower lip.

I won't lie. Margot is attractive. And, the fact that she's a level designer for our company and is meticulous and great at her job, makes it hard not to notice her and be impressed. Many people in our company lust after her. But, she's been in a long-term relationship, so it's not like any of us have a chance.