7. Uncle and Nephew

Luella's 1st Person POV

"Damn! Look at that line and all the cosplayers!" Keiynan says with shock in his voice, as he looks outside of the shop through the front glass walls. I look over his shoulder and smile at the sight of eager Pokémon fans, ready to buy and taste the macarons we've worked hard on making.

Whenever we throw a little event, it never seizes to amaze me and my crew. It's amazing to see all the customers who decide to flock over to our shop to try and get our special character macarons. We have a limited supply of the Pokémon macarons, so these patrons show up a couple hours before we're even open.

During our special events, Jin and I make sure to have extra staff than we usually do on a normal day, considering we have way more customers present on event days.

Since we've prepared ahead of time by making a lot of special Pokémon character macarons, as well as our regular macaron flavors, we don't need too many bakers working in the back. I have one of my bubbly, outgoing bakers, Keiynan, standing off to the side, outside of the shop, in an area we have closed off for four artists who we've invited to sell their unique Pokémon fan art. They have prints, key chains, buttons/pins, lanyards, plushies and more for Pokémon fans to look at and purchase. To keep the area from getting over-crowded, I have Keiynan making sure only a handful of people enter that area at a time.

Since there is still an hour until our shop officially opens, Felix, Moonbyul and I decide to start interacting with our customers. Felix and myself go through the line, with Moonbyul carrying a large plastic container filled with stickers, next to us. We are asking anyone if they want to either answer a Pokémon trivia question or play Cham Cham Cham* with Felix. If a customer answers a trivia question right, they will receive a large holographic Pokémon sticker. If they opt to play Cham Cham Cham and win, they'll receive a smaller holographic sticker.

All stickers were donated by Christian, Madison's boyfriend. He loves the macaron shop and gave us so many stickers to give away. It's nice to have such supportive people and I try to pay it forward by giving my friends exposure. Christian has sold his art during past macaron events, and because of that, he's gained so many customers on his online shop.

After a few minutes of going through the line and either asking people trivia questions or having them play Cham Cham Cham, I am pleasantly surprised with these next particular customers. It happens to be Jimin with a little boy dressed as Ash Ketchum. Jimin looks eye-catching, in a simple black sweater, dark blue jeans and black and white converse.

"Hi! I see you're here to catch some Pokémon?" I ask the cute child who definitely looks like he's related to Jimin.

"Kind of! My uncle and I want to get some of those Pokémon cookies! And, we're playing Pokémon Go around here!" The little boy says with so much enthusiasm that I cannot help but smile at him. I look up at Jimin, who has the cutest grin on his face.

"Hey, Luella! I'd like you to meet my nephew, Jake. Jake, this is Luella! She owns the macaron place." Jimin gestures to me as he looks at his nephew.

"Oh, wow! That's cool you own the shop! It's nice to meet you!" Jake politely says and bows at me. And, of course I melt at his precious manners.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jake!" I tell him and we give each other a high-five. After, I ask the young boy if he wants to answer a trivia question or play Cham Cham Cham with Felix.