Chapter 28

"Good job everyone! Now rest up and go home. Dont strain yourselves got it?"

"Haii!!"

The day ended well and quite productive to say the least. With kageyama trying to surprass his limits so he won't loose to his ever speedy spiker. The abnormal speed exhausting the hell out of him.

Also oikawa was laughing at him the whole time earning him a ton of smacks to the head. Courtesy of iwaizumi.

"Thank you for coming here Oikawa-kun, Iwaizumi-kun. Even tho it was such a short notice..." Takeda-sensei stated as a few people entered the gym once again. Anxiety and a sense of urgency trailing on his voice as Coach ukai held his shoulder.

"No it's fine sensei. We need to take action before this gets out of hand." Oikawa stood still, eyes filled with unnoticable hatred. He despises things that gets out of order, unlike his outside over-dramatic self.

Iwaizumi sighed. Its not like he dislikes this part of him, he respects the setter even if he doesn't admit it. He's more concerned about the person who pisses this guy off.

"We also have a message from coach and the other groups. Its all on mishmash."

The said boy watched as the gym door revealed tsukishima, who was panting with sweat lingering on his now grey sweatshirt.

"Ahh tsukishima! Finally lost yamaguchi?" Nishinoya teased as he poke his sides. The beanpole just grabbed his face. Quite hard too.

"No i went home then ran back here. But you're right." The blonde readjusted his glasses.

"Right about what?" It was asahi's turn to ask, genuinely curious.

"Yamaguchi is more perceptive than I thought. What if he finds out?" That was silently directed to their leader.

He's worried he might accidentaly drag his friend in danger. That would mess up his reason for joining the gang.

"Whether you like it or not, thats gonna be when...not if." Tsukishima frowned. He knew that. But still-

"And when that happens, you'll be the one to protect him." The blonde lit up to his coach's words. He was thankfull for the reassurance.

"Whatever..."

He smiled slightly before nishinoya grabbed his neck, bent his right knee forward making him outbalanced, used it as a leverage and slammed his foot straight for the blonde's face.

Luckily tsukishima was able to defend right in time with both his hands. The libero's face filled with glee as if he didn't attempt to break his nose a second ago.

Oikawa whistled at the display which only lasted for 3 seconds.

As expected of Giralune's game.

"Hahahaha your height wont stop me tsukki!" The shorter male declared as the beanpole clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Whoa nice kill noya-san! You haven't changed have you?" The voice made them turn to the entrance.

"No one killed anyone..." asahi barely whispered, still sitting on the floor.

"Glad you're here Tattsun. I was expecting you to be late." Ukai greeted the newly arrived group with nostalgia. They haven't seen each other for a while untill today.

The other's following the yellow haired man snickered at the remark. "OI! Its not like im always late! Just most of the time!"

"Yeah yeah i get it." Ukai smiled with a glint on his eyes. No one knew what was that about. And they agreed it was better left unknown.

"To think that that Reges are even here...that hishino bastard is a pain."
Makoto Shimada,the black haired jump float server, sat down next to asahi, his black jeans and biege coat meeting the floor.

It has been exactly 3 months and 7 days since Aumbre Soleil entered their territories. Hishino's connection was simply daunting. They don't even know which was a spy or not. People who are there for money, or had gotten threatened or a family got hostaged.

They want nothing else than to erase this monster of a being.

"This is troublesome...they're countering my hacking. One wrong move and they'll be the ones to steal something from me..." tsukishima peevishly fiddled with his loptop as the others watched.

They trust him.

And tsukishima knew it.

So he'd be damned if the guy on the other side of the screen wins.

"...he stopped..." tsukishima was confused why the guy just locked instead of pushing forward. It unnerved him that the guy could be plotting something.

"Atleast he didn't get anything from us. Good job tsukishima!" Takeda-sensei appraised the blonde as he noticed him feeling down. He was slightly disappointed when the latter just nodded.

The way he was feeling dominated irked him. Tsukishima was a middle blocker. His speciality is read blocking--reading the opponents slightest movements, the contraction of muscles, the breathing, the eye movements, he'll read everything to discern an attack. But the feeling of someone else reading him was unsettling.

Was this how his opponents feel?

He forced himself to stop thinking about it before getting the paper from his pocket. It was the piece of paper yamaguchi handed to him.

He stared at it for a while before listening in.

"Our main problem for now is how Hishino's influence keeps growing. His drug operations are too overwhelming. Its only a matter of time before he steals the throne for himself." Takeda-sensei stated. He really loves poems...

"You mean ruling everything huh..."

"If we make a deal with the other groups and join, we might have a chance...but the moles...aarrgghh!!! Why does he have to exist anyway?!" Ukai irritably punched the wall he was once leaning on, making a dent.

"We'll clean 'em up eventually now calm the fuck down thats school property!" Takeda-sensei smacked him with the notebook he was holding. It was quite a hard cover too.

Ukai grumbled as he touched the sore spot he just got.

"They created a new drug." That got him attention.

Oikawa sighed and continued.

"One of our spies was able to dug up traces of something huge. Something...not yet unearthed but he said it'll ruin everything we lived for..." he trailed off.

"And what was the drug??"

"They killed him."

Silence engulfed the room. They were tying to digest what they just heard. A drug that would overturn everything??

"...What are you talking about...?"

They didn't realize someone was listening in.