Chapter four

Hinata Pov

Its been 1 week now since mom died and i haven't been to school yet but everything has been going downhill ever since. My dad who i thought was a good man... started drinking and even inviting his friends in the house. I knew he was mourning but i can't ignore the feeling as if telling me something was going on.

At first when he called me he just backhanded me out of no where so hard i fell on the hardwood floor. I was so confused and scared.

Everything just got worse after that.

*Flashback*

"SHOYO!! COME DOWN HERE!!" He seemed mad so i immeadiately ran down to him. "Yes dad what do you nee-"

SLAP

THUD

"Wha-" i asked confused but he just stared at me like i was the most disgusting creature alive.

"GO AND GET MORE BOOZE I NEED THEM!!" he shouted and before i could even stand he kicked my stomach causing me to cough and fall again.

"HURRY UP YOU SHIT!!"

I quickly got up ignoring the pain not wanting to get more. I handed him the booze and he started drinking, again.
I had no idea what happened to him untill the next day.

"SHOYO COME DOWN NOW!!" he was drunk and even more furious than the last time. I hurried downstairs when i saw him grab Natsu who was doing her homework in the kitchen and dragged her harshly to the living room. She started crying and i tried to stop dad when he hit my head with an empty glass bottle. I felt lighheaded from the impact and hugged Natsu tightly realizing that this man isn't our father, not anymore.

"WHENEVER I CALL U COME OR ELSE YOUR SISTER WILL PAY THE PRICE!! PUT THAT ON YOUR USELESS HEAD!!" He shouted before i tried convincing Natsu to go upstairs and lock her room.

"Natsu you go upstairs." I told her releasing the hug. "But shou- nii..."
Natsu complained while crying and it broke my heart. "Im fine look your Nii-chan is strong kay!?" I said with plastered smile. Natsu hesitantly agreed and hurried upstairs.

"D-Dad what do you n-need?" I asked nervously not knowing whats gonna happen next. He stayed silent. I don't know how long but the silence terrified me.

"You killed her." My eyes shot wide open, paralyzed from realization with streaming tears from what i heard.

"YOU KILLED HER!!" i kept crying as i stared at my feet guilt rushing back to the pit of my stomach.

"IF ONLY YOU WEREN'T SO STUPID THAT SHE HAD TO PICK U UP FROM YOUR STUPID SCHOOL SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN ALIVE RIGHT HERE WITH ME!!" then he hit me with the glass bottle on my head again causing it to break while shards got stuck on my shoulders.

'Its true...'

" IF YOU WEREN'T SO USELESS OR EVEN ALIVE YOUR MOTHER AND I SHOULD BE ENJOYING OUR LIVES RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF ME TAKING CARE OF YOUR FUCKING ASS!! He hit me with broken bottle on my arm causing it to leave glass shards and bleed out as i whimpered in pain on the cold floor.

"YOU PATHETIC SHIT!!"and again

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU WHO DIED!!" And again on the other side

" YOU'RE USELESS!"on my legs

"PATHETIC!"again

"WASTE OF SPACE!"and again

"YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT INSTEAD U KEEP ON PLAYING THAT VOLLEYCRAP!!" Untill i saw black dots fill my blurry wet vision because of bleeding out.

Why did this happen to me? What did i do wrong? He's right...

Im stupidly useless

Im pathetic!!

Atleast Natsu is safe...

But i don't even know untill when...

Please...anyone....

Save...........m.........-

To my surprise he came back this time carrying Natsu with a gun on his other hand.

'A FRICKIN' GUN!!! NO NATSU!!'

I tried crawling to them but he stepped on my injured arm making me scream loudly in pain. Natsu was standing there absolutely terrified and his stupid brother can't even do anything.

"Listen brats i'll make this easy for you."

The calm voice coming from the devil himself sent shivers down my spine. All my senses tells me to run and get away as far as possible from this person. And yet i can't even move, let alone protect Natsu.

"If ever u tell anyone about this, and i mean anyone...i'll kill your precious little sister for you Shoyo." Natsu abruptly stopped her sobs as da-... Shindo presed the gun nozzle on her head who is now breathing heavily and uneven.

"PLEASE NO I BEG YOU!! I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT I WONT BE LATE ANYTIME SO P-PLEASE DONT HURT HER!!!" I have nothing left to do but bow down and agree. I never want to lose my sister i'll do anything if its for her.

Im a crying mess now as he grinned feeling superior over us.

"Good." He nodded doing his proud-father-act that was surely useless with all the blood visible on him. My blood.

"Now Natsu my dear..." Natsu flinched as i panicked with all the possibilities racing through my head. 'Oh god please!'

"Y-y-yess...?" I can tell the vigourous shaking on Natsu's body even along my not-so-clear-anymore vision.

"I know you're smart, so if ever 'you' tell anyone... i wont hesitate to make your brother bleed out TO DEATH.
And even if you're far away from me i can just shoot your heads off. Including your friends and their families as well. You don't want that do you?"

"N-n-....no!" Tears and snot covering her precious face as d- Shindo pulled her hair making her face him dead on. 'Natsu please hang in there!'

"Good girl." Shindo smiled widely as Natsu got away and assisted my frail bruised body upstairs.

He didn't hurt Natsu.

Thank god....yet im so weak...

We can't escape even if we want to.

Our lives literally became hell.

'What should i do?!...grandma...yeah Natsu can go there Natsu-'

"Oni-chan!" I flinched surprised by Natsu trying to wipe of my blood.

"We need to treat your wounds Shou-nii you're still bleeding..." Natsu tried to act tough even though i can see tears still running down as she tried to wipe them quickly. I hugged her tightly not wanting to let go.

"Thank u Natsu. You don't have to worry after this... Shindo won't touch you anymore." I tried to smile to reassure her but she burst to tears again instead.

"Hmmm!" She smiled painfully.

After she bandaged me which she learned from school she helped me get to bed.

"I won't leave you shou-nii..." I perked up causing me to wince in pain. Again.

"I know you want me to go live with granma after this...but i won't leave u alone. Not with him." She said sternly. Natsu really is smart.

Too smart for her own good.

I can't even put up a fight against a loving sister who is willing to sacrifice freedom for his pathetic excuse of a brother.

I smiled at her. Genuinely at that.

She'll do anything to protect me.

And i'll do everything to protect her.