Chapter 12

As much as hinata wanted to stay asleep, his ever 'silent' alarm clock kept pulling him away from his slumber.

He got up and limped downstairs. Shindo wasn't there. Everymorning the devil would be out for his 'business', which was the tangerine was thankfull about.

After his morning routine and setting natsu off, the tangerine found it hard to move like he usually does in front of his team. He couldn't risk it. He'll have to find an excuse.

6:30. He drove his bike off and prepared for the storm of questions he's about to face. But just thinking about being with his teammates made him lit up ever so slightly. A small sad smile plastered on his porcelain face as a stray tear escaped his hazel eyes.

Lost from his thoughts he didn't notice someone saw him.

"Did he just...cry?" A certain ravenette, worried for the tangerine, only observed his orrange locks dissappear from sight.

------------------------------------------------------

Kageyama Pov

What was that?! What happened?! Is he okay?!

Yeah i know he just lost his mother but i can't really help get worried. For that boke to smile plus cry like that...who wouldn't be bothered?!

Its too different its scary!

I just have to make sure...

I can just ask him right?

But im not sure if im the right person to comfort- i mean ask him!...

I'll just ask....

--------------------------------------------------------

No one Pov

Hinata arrived later than usual as his body screamed for him to stop and rest. He'll just have to hide the agony for the rest of the day. This is nothing compared to being in that dark room with clashing chains as its background music.

Before he knew it he arrived in front of the clubroom and dusted off some stray snow on his head. Yeah,it was winter. An additional excuse as to why he is wearing longsleeves.

'More lies'.

Hinata hated lying. But for the sake of his friends' safety he will for as long as he needed to.

After changing he practiced his trademark smile just before kageyama showed up opening the door with a bang.

Fear crawled into the smaller boy's face as memories from ichijo opening the door in the same manner got recalled.

He instantly shifted and smiled at the taller guy as not to raise suspicion. Hinata only hoped kageyama didn't notice.

"Kageyamaa!! You scared me you idiot!" Hinata whined as if he didn't almost hyperventilate a second ago.

"Bok-hinata..." kageyama trailed off making hinata curious.

"Why did you cry?" Kageyama asked, subconciously looking for body language indicating the truth.

"Ahhhh...hehe g-gomen just recalling memories thats all..." hinata smiled sheepily while he bit his inner cheek. He didn't expect him to see.

"Ohh okay...i guess i was just worried." Kageyama chimed but only whispered the last part. Hinata tilted his head but kageyama just ignored the tangerine's brimming curiousity.

But that didn't remove the ravenette's concern for his partner.

Kageyama and hinata entered the gym while the rest already started practicing. It was already 7:25 after all.

"Kageyama you're l-". Daichi tried to scold the taller guy. Keyword: tried. Before he could even finish all the boys huddled towards the tangerine who only smiled brightly at thr attention.

It was a long awaited question and answer session while the smaller guy kept apologizing for missing practices.

They were really glad the sunshine is back on the court. Flying across the room. Only this time something was off.

"Oi Boke." Kageyama called.

'Heh...so the king noticed huh?' Tsukishima thought as he observed the tangerine's action further.

"Hmm?" Hinata hummed slightly annoyed as to why the tosses stopped coming.

"Why are you limping?" Kageyama was worried even more. To him hinata looked so fragile. Too easy to be snapped in pieces. Too broken.

And it was true...

Karasuno looked over to the duo, worry evident on their faces.

Hinata was panicking. 'What if they found out?! They would be in danger!! He'll hurt them!!' Thoughts flooded before he answered.

"The truth is..." hinata was obviously hesitant.  "I-i- i....dropped a vase on my foot."

Hinata prayed for his lie to connect. Well he did make it true by actually dropping a heavy vace on his poor foot. Only adding to his already aching body.

But he couldn't take the risk.

Hinata sat on the bench, removed his shoes and revealed a foot covered in bandages. Dark swelling already noticeable.

"Oh no!!" Yamaguchi yelled.
"Hinata you should've been more careful!! And you should've told us!" Sugawara ranted while asahi agreed.

"Kohaii!!!" Tanaka and ryu yelled at the same time earning smacks from daichi. The others sweatdropped at the scene.

"Hinata you have to rest. We don't want that to get worse." Coach ukai chided alongside takeda-sensei but hinata just whined.

"But i haven't practiced for ages!!" The tangerine kept pestering the team before tsukishima said, "you really don't get it do you? Rest so you can play as you like after."

Everyone was shocked. The salty beanpole actually cared about the little orange guy. Yamaguchi was too shocked in fact. He was about to say something when tsukishima shut him up immeadiately.

Hinata agreed as his brain tried to process what just happened.

Kageyama was too.

The ravenette stared at tsukishima seemingly looking for answers. Tsukishima ofcourse noticed the unwanted glare.

"What?" Tsukishima asked.

"Tsk nothing." Kageyama answered before heading towards hinata and started their usual 'yelling ritual'.

Tsukishima's eyes narrowed at the ravenette pissed of at his retort. Before getting back to practice and they all headed to their own classes.
But one thing lingered on the blonde's mind.

'Hinata might be a great liar...'