Prologue

Chapter 0: Prologue

"This is John Rigen, Sergeant from Krieg 2-1 Unit, Fireteam's codename 1172, United States Marines Corps."

"If anyone can hear me from this talkie call then save me, I'm now in a strange jungle. I repeat, if anyone hears me, please get here and save me, over."

That's it, looked like I had ended up here, as I could remember, I was on a patrol mission in Virginia and somehow I got here, didn't know why. Somehow I passed out and at the time I opened my eyes, I was already here, in this jungle.

I was with two other Marines who were two of my subordinates when this incident happened but seemed like it was only me alone here.

This was not the time to drink, I was now holding a water bottle, I wasn't thirsty but was nervous.

I immediately returned the bottle to my military bag and started thinking about what I should do next.

Inside that bag, it had a bunch of new techs, seemed like I and two of my previous soldiers were the first testers of those things.

I didn't know why, I was now searching my bag and taking out a device, this thing was very new.

Only the people from the Special Forces were allowed to touch these things first but I didn't know why.

We were chosen by our superior to test these things when that person said to us: "Congratulations! You people are the very first subjects of this revolutionary technology!"

This device looked like a Pip-Boy watch from the Fallout game series but it couldn't slow time like the one in the game.

What should I say? It was not big like a Pip-Boy but more compact and has black colored. The guy who made this device must be a very big fan of Fallout, who could spend billion dollars just to make this thing?

This "Pip-Boy" has a white wrapper that covered its screen written words "Demo - For Sergeant John Rigen, October 3rd, 2005, Virginia, Operation 1172 Lab".

For some reason, the one who created this device knew about my identity, I didn't remember much because I lost some of my memory but I could remember clearly these things.

Demo? Was this device was demo version? October 3th, 2005 was my date of birth, Virginia was the state I was born in.

I was an orphan as I could remember, Operation 1172 Lab? The place that created this device? But 1172...the number looked familiar but I forgot it.

I didn't notice much about the white wrapper, maybe this device has been specially made for me, I immediately tore the wrapper out and then threw it away on the ground.

Let's forget about that shitty wrap, the device had abilities according to our superiors' textbook was health checking, detecting living creatures, map scanning, etc...

I was trying to figure out how to use it, I wore it on my right hand, trying to find out how to turn it on. After looking around for a few seconds, I saw there was a button under it, on the right side.

I pushed that button, and a green screen appeared, loading the programs. Seemed like the loading had done now after a few seconds.

"Insert your AirPods inside your ears to avoid being heard from the others."

Wow! The device just talked to me! I immediately took out the Air-Pods in my ears.

"Nice to see you, Sir! User 000!" - That device greeted me

"I'm sure that you didn't know about me, let's me introduce myself. I'm a new technology named Smart Advisor, also known as SA."

"I'm a very secret technology that your government has developed, which title would you like me to call you, Sergeant John Rigen?"