Operation Daotai (Part 1)

Chapter 146: Operation Daotai (Part 1)

Rigen's perspective - July 16, 2039 - Okinawa, Japan - Night

...

...

...

...

...

Let's ignore the previous ghost story, we could not find our phones anymore, they had vanished with the lake and the wooden house. Two days have passed since that terrible day and now we only have today left before heading to Shanghai - to make the massive amphibious assault.

I would say that would be the most massive amphibious assault in human history if it occurs, and it is about to occur.

In the battle of Shanghai - as known under a codename: Operation Daotai, our Marines Corps would assault Shanghai alongside the USAF and the US Army. This operation would only be launched and joined by only our US Military, Taiwan, Hongkong had already been occupied by China, NATO, Korea and Japan had already left the war, only United States joined.

We would attack to capture Shanghai and then fight alongside the Russian Armed Forces who were now attacking China from the north side. Both the military forces would make a joint attack until we head to Beijing to capture China's capital and then end the war.

"Daotai" is a name which is translated from Chinese, which means "Downfall" in English, we would end the war by opening this amphibious assault. Though many of our US Military generals and also our troops were scared of the nuclear ending in this world war because we could not control our nuclear system and China was now controlling it, from bombs to missiles.

But we could not be scared of our fates and didn't do anything, we must face the truth, China had only nuked London in the war and never used nuclear weapons to attack us again. So this amphibious assault would be a live bet, we would die or live, our fates were very blurred now, but we must keep going.

"Rigen, are you alright?" - Oh, Sulivan asked me when I was sitting with him in the officer's room

Because our US Marines were having rest days so most of us were training in the shooting ground to prepare for the amphibious assault, some were resting and some were volunteering to help the superiors. I had volunteered to help Lieutenant Haris - our Commander, we were in his room to check the intel, Sulivan was a hard worker, he seemed never wanted to rest - this guy was born to work.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about the assault, the intel said millions of troops would amphibious into Shanghai in a day, seems very deadly." - I took a map on the table to look, it was a map about Shanghai and its around locations

"It would be more bloody than D - Day, John...many of us won't survive...but we must fight for the peace of the world." - Sulivan said to me while checking the maps

"What's day is today, Sulivan?"

"You don't remember?"

"I haven't checked my phone and now I'm trying to concentrate."

"July 16, 2039...we would make the amphibious assault tomorrow."

Both of us later went silent and then kept checking the maps, many details were written in these things, we must check to make sure there was no mistake in the intel. Japan was quite safe to me, China was still attacking Japan though the country had already left the war, but the Japanese Navy forces were now fighting against China in the ocean, not reached Okinawa yet.

While checking the maps, I looked around to watch the scenery of the room and noticed that Lieutenant Haris was now working with his laptop. Because this world war was very massive destruction, only military officers were allowed to work with computers, our Marines had to check the intel by using our eyes and papers.