Hunted Becomes Hunter (Part 1)

Chapter 12b: Hunted Becomes Hunter (Part 1)

Rigen's perspective

I'm now heading to the West, I don't know exactly where Hinter Forest is so I keep coming to the West. The people on the streets are looking at me, curious about the weapon I bring and the military bag on my back.

Some of the people on the streets then realized me, they realized this was John Rigen. The people are now gathering into the crowds, they chasing me, like to tear my body apart.

But I managed to shoot some bullets in the air, the people that were chasing me then stopped. They realized the loud noises they heard earlier and ran in panic, then I used that situation to escape from the crowds.

"Advisor! Where to next?"

"Just keep that direction, John!" - Advisor told me to run in the same direction to Hinter forest

Then after a few minutes of running, I finally see the border gate on the West, seems like outside will lead to Hinter forest.

Some of the Attenta border guards notice my appearance, their commander sends five guards to the border gate, the border gate is now still open.

"Hey! Stop! That man! Where do you think you are going? " - The border guards shouting at me

Then I raise my rifle to the sky and fire a few shots, the guards are shocked at the gunshots, they froze like ice stones.

I am now easier to get through the border gate, I run towards the forest I see, running as fast as possible.

"Hey! What are you soldiers doing? Arrest that man, now!" - The border gate commander shouted to the guards

Wow! Seems like 30 minutes have passed since I got into the forest, I had gone a bit far now. I am now hiding under the grass, the guards are now still finding me, they are using torches, searching around the place.

"Find anything?" - The border gate commander asked his guards

"No, Sir! That man may have escaped!" - The guards answered that commander

"Damn it! Withdraw, we don't need to waste our time here anymore, withdraw!"

Alright! The guards are now withdrawing but I have to make sure that they won't be around here anymore. After 10 minutes, I'm now sure the soldiers are now gone, I slowly get up from the grass.

"John! Seems like no one is following you anymore, just head to the North about 50 meters and you will see a river right there, seems like you can be able to have a sleep there!" - Advisor suggested to me

Then I walking more closer to the direction Advisor told me, there is a river there! I chose a nice place to make my camp, without Reimi and Shera. The camp is completed a bit longer, at least about 1 hour, I think! I have to prepare many things to make the camp.

Now I have finally completed the campfire, I'm now sitting at it, and my bag is placed beside me. I am now thinking about Shera, and Reimi, the memories I had with them, that was a short time but very memorable.

"Hey, John! I don't want to disturb you but you have used up 39 bullets in the fight against the assassins and while escaping to the border, your rifle now only has 196 rounds left! Use them wisely!" - Advisor reminded me

"Yeah! I know!"

"Do you want to have some chat, John?" - Advisor asked me

"What kind of chat?"

"I was very surprised that you had killed bunches of people but you seem didn't scare, didn't feel guilty or something like that!"

"That's what the Army will teach you, Advisor! You robot don't know much about it!"