Chapter 2 [Executives]

(Text is still plainly bold, meaning that the flashback has not ended yet)

???

"You're welcome..."

The train was about to depart, and you'd already gone through the station looking for the bomber and everything else. There was no such luck. So you decided to take the train to see if they were there. You sat at the far rear of the train and began looking about from there.

You

"Nobody here."

The train began to move, and the vibrations could be felt.

Then you heard three quick beeps coming from your bag. Your brain didn't have enough time to grasp what was going on at first, leaving you bewildered.

Everything blurred before your eyes, and instantly your eyes were filled with a bright, vivid static. A heavier tremor was felt by the passengers, as well as a loud bang.

Thankfully, you were able to get away from the bag in time, and you were not severely injured. You were alright as long as you weren't bombed to bits.

After the ringing in your ears had gone away, you could hear a muted voice.

???

"I did what I was told to. Please. Let me go now."

Looking up from your prone position, you noticed the same teenager who had handed you your bag - or, to put it another way, he had taken your bag and planted a bomb inside. This teenage boy seemed to be on a phone call with a particular person.

You

"You... You're the bomber."

???

"How?!-"

Caller

"I'll be there soon with other executives. Stay put."

Fearful, the teenager dropped his phone on the ground as he watched you slowly rise. You immediately recovered from your vision and hearing problems.

You took notice of who he was on the phone with as you glanced at the phone he dropped.

You

"Akutagawa?!..."

Two well-known Port Mafia executives had flung themselves onto the section of the train you and the bomber were in before you knew it.

They were able to readily get access to the train since it had been exposed in broad daylight and the windows had been shattered by the explosion.

You

"... Ryunosuke Akutagawa... And Nakahara Chuuya."

Akutagawa

"Finally."

Bomber

"You're here! Now let me go, please! I don't wanna-"

Chuuya simply pulled the bomber's head and shoved him against the train's wall, killing him. You were horrified as you witnessed the bomber's fallen corpse slip down the wall, trailed by a stream of blood.