Chapter 8 [Outside of Yokohama]

Chuuya

"Isn't that the detective dude?"

Chuuya inquired as he gestured at the television. When you lifted your eyes from your plate, you noticed a photo of Ranpo. He had been shown on television, he was being interviewed about his investigative abilities.

You

"Oh, you mean Ranpo?"

Chuuya

"Eugh, I hate that guy."

You

"Don't you hate all of them?"

Chuuya

"Well- Yeah! All of them are mad annoying."

You

"Hm."

Chuuya

"... Do you miss being in your old group?... Like, the agency?"

You

"Hell no!..."

Chuuya

"Really?..."

You

"They treated me like shit, there's no way I'm going back and I'll never want to go back. I'm quite happy with my place here."

Chuuya

"I see."

You

"I'm going to get groceries. I promise I'll be quick."

Chuuya

"See ya."

You put on your shoes, double-checked your wallet, and left.

You've been making a lot of money since you joined the Port Mafia - a lot more than you were getting paid at the agency.

You'd purchased everything you needed for the dinner you intended to prepare. Just the essentials.

You were exceedingly discreet on your journey there and back. You were aware of how frequently the agency was at work, and how they were dispersed. You didn't want them to see you.

Chuuya was still on the sofa when you returned. As he slept, the TV was still on in the back.

You were contemplating whether or not to wake him since you didn't want him to be grouchy. You intentionally started making a lot of noise in the kitchen as you started cooking dinner, intending to wake him.

And it worked.

Chuuya grumbled as he awoke and stretched on the sofa.

Chuuya

"Hmm- How long did I sleep for?"

You

"9 hours."

Chuuya

"Nine?!... Y/N, next time wake me up, will you?!"

You

"Well, I didn't want to make you grumpy!"

Chuuya