Chapter 25 [Cafe]

Chuuya

"Y/N?... Y/N!..."

Chuuya yelled your name multiple times while searching the door. All of your belongings were gone, including you, and the couch was neatly made, where you had slept. Mori had told Chuuya that he had not heard anything regarding you resigning or leaving the Port Mafia. He had directed Chuuya to search Yokohama for you because he needed you for the Port Mafia.

Chuuya

I can't find them anywhere... Did they run away?... Outside of Yokohama?

Chuuya has tried everything. You had his number blocked when he unlocked his phone to spam call you. Chuuya tried calling you on Mori's phone but received no response. Chuuya also sent you spam texts... No reply.

Chuuya

"Y/N... Where are you?..."

-10 MONTHS LATER, YOKOHAMA-

Cafe Clerk

"That'll be 700¥."

Chuuya took out his wallet, having placed an order for a couple of donuts and coffee. He hadn't had a sip of wine since the day you left. In ten. Whole. Months.

Cafe Clerk

"Thank you. Please wait over there."

Chuuya was visiting a café in a rather tall building to complete another job assigned to him by Mori. This mission had taken a long time - in fact, all of Chuuya's missions had taken longer than predicted. Without you, things were different for him.

You were still on his mind ten months later.

Chuuya

"Uh..."

Cafe Clerk

"... Yes? Do you need something else?"

Chuuya

"I just wanted to ask if you've seen this person recently?"

Chuuya displayed a photograph of you and him in Las Vegas. He asked the cafe clerk, pointing at you in the photo.

Cafe Clerk

"Oh... Hm... I'm sorry, no... Are they missing?"

Chuuya

"... Yeah. They ran away from home."

Cafe Clerk

"Oh... I'm so sorry about that."

While speaking to Chuuya, the cafe clerk made the coffee and prepared the donuts. He placed them on the counter afterwards.

Cafe Clerk

"Well, I really do hope you find them."

Chuuya

"Yeah."

Chuuya couldn't find his target anywhere in the building, so he decided to try again the next day. It was almost as though he was simply wandering around the building without putting in any effort.

Chuuya

Eh... I'll find my target tomorrow.

Chuuya returned home, stating that he had failed to locate his target. Mori wasn't unhappy; even after ten months, he still understood his condition.